Chapter 8

I felt myself freeze and my heart drop as he walked into the room, with a soft smile spread a crossed his face.
"I thought I'd tell you that me, Vivi, and mystery are going to the local bakery. I also wanted to see if you wanted to come with us" He said in his normal happy tone he use to have all the time. I slid the love letter note filled box under my bed quickly. Before turning my attention back to him giving him a sheepish nod as his head tilted at me.
"You good there Arthur?" I looked up at him and gave a goofy grin. "T-totally Lewis, i was just looking over embarrassing arm invention ideas."
Lewis giggled softly. I felt my cheeks and the tips of my ears warm up after hearing his beautiful giggle.
His voice was like music to my ear, cheesy i know but it really made my day.
Knowing i could make him smile and laugh even after the past couple days that has been madness.
"Alright Arty, see you in a couple and make sure you don't break something mister!" He says before walking down the hall to his room.
I smile and chuckle, god i love this man but boy does he have a mom mode.
Still teasing me about how clumsy i use to be when we were in high school.
I got up and got dressed, I was trying to look at least a bit decent when going out.
I fixed up my hair and walked down stairs where the others were waiting for me at the front door.
We soon got into the truck i was borrowing from my uncle and headed to the bakery.
The bakery was cute, smaller then most but none the less it was cute.
The place has soft purples, browns and pinks on the building and a giant sign on the front of the place.
I parked the truck and we all got out and headed into the small bakery.
I some how ended up having Lewis sitting in front of me, knowing Vivi she probably planned for this to happen.
I looked over the menu and blushed at the lovers milkshake and the red velvet heart cake for two.
A short girl with short red hair walked over to our table and asked us for our orders.
"Ah ill take the-" I was cut off by Vivi. "Those two will take the lovers shake and cake!" She said with a smirk.
Before I could even get a word in Vivi said her order and got Mystery a dog treat.
The girl wrote it all down and walked off to behind the counter.
"Vivi! Why would you do that? Especially when me and Lewis-" Vivi once again cut me off. "It looked like you guys couldn't figure out what you wanted do i just decided to be nice get you something you both could enjoy" She said winking at me.
She was definitely gonna get it later once we got home from here.
The girl soon came back with our orders and I felt my cheeks heat up again as I realized how close the straws were together.
We ended up trying to drink it at the same time our noses touching.
From the looks of it Lewis didn't seemed bother i was definitely bothered!
I turned dark red once our noses touched, i was too embarrassed to even notice the sweet taste of the drink.
"Arthur you ok there bud?" Lewis said as our eyes met each others.
"Uh y-yeah" I said feeling my mind scolded me for stuttering.
"Alright then" He said going back to drinking the drink.
I shoved a piece of cake into my mouth as i hoped this small outing of embarrassment would soon end.