A Meeting of Fate (A Sarah x Son Ye-jin Short Fan-fiction)

"Don't text and drive," Sarah reminded herself after putting away her phone. This was the first time she had driven a car by herself. Matteo, her husband, had taught her everything she needed to know. The streets of Manila were crazy packed with unruly drivers. Matteo had just texted her asking where she had gone to. While Matteo was working, she thought it was the best time to sneak out and drive the car by herself. Matteo wouldn't let her go alone. It wasn't that he didn't trust her; he didn't trust the people around her. "Love, you're the Popstar Royalty for heaven's sake. People tend to go crazy when you're around—I mean, I can't blame them. Pero ganun na nga sila even with your bodyguards around, what more if you're by yourself? So you have to be really careful. Promise me you won't drive alone," she could hear Matteo's voice echoing on her ears. "Sorry, Lovey," she said to herself. She didn't know why, but she was feeling a bit daring. She knew she promised him, and she was breaking that promise. She hated the thought of breaking promises, but she wanted to know the feeling of driving and taking the car out on her own. "You have that opportunity when we go travel outside the Pinas where you're less known, okay? For now, don't go out alone," she could remember Matteo reminding her again. She thought it would be ages for her to have the opportunity to do that especially with the pandemic still going on around the world. So when Matteo had to do an interview for some local talk show, she took the opportunity to go out and drive alone. "Sandali lang naman eh. Hindi naman ako lalabas ng kotse," she tried to convince herself.

"Where are you?" Matteo asked over the phone when she finally picked up his call. "Umm, Lovey," she started to say. "I can hear the car, love. Where on earth did you go?" Matteo sighed disappointingly. "Sandali lang ako. Lumabas ako. Nag-drive lang ako saglit," Sarah tried not to make her husband worry. "Love, you promised," he sighed again. "I know. I know. Kasi naman, ewan ko ba, ang strong ng urge ko mag-drive ngayon eh. Babalik ako, love. I promise," Sarah said while she turned into another street. "Love naman eh. In one piece, I hope," Matteo said worriedly. "Oo naman, ako pa," she replied. "Please, wherever you are, come back na. You're going to kill me kaka-worry sayo. Plus, you said you were going to ligo Kotang," he reminded her. "Naligo ko na yan," she informed him. "Ay," Matteo frowned. "Ikaw ha. You were planning talaga to go out. Ginawa mo pa yung chores mo so you could go drive," he said feeling disappointed again. Sarah laughed. She thought it was always so cute of him whenever he complains like a little boy. "I love you, love," she told him. "Don't 'I love you' me. You won't get away with your sweetness now," he replied. Sarah laughed again. "Kita mo na, pag ikaw gumagawa nyan laging nag-wowork sakin. Tapos pag ako, ginaganyan mo lang ako," she said to him. Matteo sighed. "Kasi lovey, this could potentially be dangerous. You know that. I have been telling you that. To be honest with you, I knew this day would come. I should have been more careful. I should've hidden the keys. I don't like putting boundaries on you and stopping you from the things you want to do, you know that, pero this is dangerous, love. I hope you thought about that before you went out," Matteo explained. The frown never left his face. "Ay," Sarah said. "Sige na nga. Babalik na. Nakaka-guilty naman yung asawa ko oh," she added. "Okay. Be careful ha," he reminded her again. "Oo na po, babalik na po, asawa ko. Pakainin mo na sila fourie so we can get dinner ready," she instructed. "Yes my princess," he replied before the two of them ended the call.

Meanwhile, Son Ye-jin, Korea's Crash Landing On You superstar had just finished a meeting with one of the biggest companies in the Philippines. She and Hyun Bin, her co-star from the popular drama and now partner in life, were going to be one of the biggest faces to ever endorse a very special Philippine product. She thought it was exciting, something she had never done before. They never told anyone what it was for or when it was scheduled to launch, but people were quick to know of her whereabouts. Fans were going crazy. Despite the pandemic, Filipino fans have crowded outside the building. Ye-jin's team thought they were as discreet as can be, but fans almost always have a way of knowing what they were up to. The huge bowknot hat on her head and sunglasses weren't enough to disguise her identity. Even the Filipino paparazzi were there. Camera flashes blinded her and her hired bodyguards. Plus, it didn't help that it had started raining. One of her guards immediately come prepared. He opened an umbrella and shielded Ye-jin from the rain and from the people. "Thank you," she told him. She was running now. Puddles had already formed on the ground. The high heels weren't enough to protect her now soaked feet.