Charms.

From 1001 Love stories Story 4

Sam's POV

"Good morning," Evan says kissing the side of my head and I turn to hug him.

I smile taking the last pancake off the skillet and adding it to the stack.

"I should be cooking, it's your birthday love," He says and I smile.

"No, you've been working hard on your thesis these last few weeks. It's the least I could do." I tell him and he sighs turning off the stove and hugging me a bit more.

"I don't think you understand how much I love you." He whispers and I smile.

"If it's anything like how much I love you then it must be a whole lot," I say turning around to kiss him a little more.

We had been together for four years starting our junior year in high school and it seemed to go by in a blink.

"Hey, question?" He asks and I smile giving him my undivided attention.

"You've moved on from those baby books right?" He asks and I paused.

I still had never given up on my obsession with Detective Alice. It was still as amazing as the first time I picked it up and even more now.

Adam, Alices' little brother fell in love with a dark wizard, confirming that Adam is not only confirmed queer. But I had been shipping him with Valcom from page three where he showed up.

Detective Alice was going into its golden age where the characters were maturing and the whole thing was becoming more of a late teen fiction.

Adam was even hinted to have a sex scene within in the new book release.

It was getting a lot of fame. Even more so now than back in high school and I still squeal when I see people reading it on the train.

I'm probably in every Facebook group about it and I read everything on it and I'm planning on getting the updated D3A necklace. Finally updating the wrong from book one with not including Adam in the Detective Alice moniker.

This year they were releasing 100 but you could only buy them at the author's meet and greet today.

To say I was excited was like saying the sum was at least 16 degrees.

"Sam?" He calls out pulling me back to what I was saying.

"Uh, I mean I still keep up with the latest releases but my obsession has gone down significantly." I lie.

"So you won't be at that guy's fan meet trying to buy a two thousand dollar necklace right?" He asks and I pause.

"No." I once again Lie through my teeth.

"Sam, I'm telling you, do not go. You should get over your childish obsession with this book series. After seven books I doubt the author even still has the drive to write what he is. At this point it's just because he has a big following, I'm sure." He says and it stings a bit.

"You don't get it, that book series helped me through a big part of my life," I say and he sighs.

"Sam you're not in high school anymore, that big part of your life is over." He says and it's crushing.

He could at least let me be happy on my birthday.

"Sam, I made us dinner reservations at eight when I get off work, can you promise me you won't go to that fan meet?" He says and I look down.

"Sam, promise me." He says this time his tone getting a bit louder.

"Evan, I'm going, I won't buy the necklace, but I want to meet him. I've never even seen a picture, and it will be the best way for me to say goodbye. After this, I won't even buy another book." I say and again it's a lie.