Bartender

Bartender from 1001 love stories Darker (story 49)

This story has a small amount of technical rape. One character was drunk beyond the ability to legally consent. So this is a small CW

I arrived at the bar to see him flipping and spinning bottles and making drinks.

I watch in the door way before he spots me and smiles softly.

He finishes the drinks for the cheering women before taking down his apron and walks over.

"Hi." He says and I look away.

"You're working?" I ask.

"Nope, I'm on break." He says with a smile before heading back.

"We went to a small restraint and while I waiting for a waiter he smiles.

"Ok lets start?" He says and I nod.

"Im in love with you." He starts and I dont reply.

"I didn't love you then. I was confused and you were a breaking point. I hated myself more over, I hated being gay so somehow I took that out you. But after, I started to think more of you and I wanted to see you again. You were my 'the one that got away' and I spent so long fluctuating with wanting to make up what I did and wanting to just apologize." He says only stopping when the waiter came taking drink orders.

"I know I hurt you, I know that Im sorry isn't enough. But Im different. I'm the farthest from the kid I was seven years ago. So will you give me the chance to make you love me again?" He asks and I sigh.

"No." I tell him and his handsome face fills with sadness.

"Im not big on love. But we can still hookup and I dont know be friends." I say and he smiles before placing his wide hand on my face.

"That's perfect for now." He says and I nod grabbing a straw for my drink.

*

I woke up to someone ringing my doorbell and for a moment I sit confused.

Who just shows up without calling first.

I get out of bed and wonder to the door opening it to see Chase standing there looking drunk off his ass and smiling like he just won a million dollars.

"Chase?" I ask and he smiles bemdimg down and kissing me.

Of course. He had been good on not kissing me slipping up once or twice when we had sex but he was drunk and I was too tired to fight about it.

He pulls away smiles a little cuter and I look at him.

"Chase what are you doing here?" I ask and he realizes something before getting down on one knee slowly so he wont fall before pulling out a ring and I mentally scream before noticing its cheep kind you get from gumball machines shaped like a butterfly.

"Ryan. Will you marry me?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"No." I say and he looks confused.

"You. Not ready?" He asks and I nod.

"When will you be ready?" He asks and I think of the most gentle way to lay it to him.

"When your hair reaches the middle of your back." I tell him and he takes it as a real answer before standing.

"Ok bye Ryan." He says and I grab his arm.

"Oh you aren't leave wasted like you are." I tell him and he looks confused.

"But my burger?" He asks and I sigh only pulling him into my apartment.

"For a bartender you sure aren't a functioning drunk." I say and he smiles taking off his jacket.