The Sinister Teacher Likes Me - 5

Chapter 5.

Enjoy my beloved readers! :D

_____________________________________________________

‘Okay’ I breathed. ‘I can do this.’

My feet became extremely cold at the sight of my English room. I had made a promise to myself yesterday that I would go to class today; I had no choice I guess. My head of year warned me saying that I would be thrown out of the school if I were to not turn up to lesson today, so I must go.

‘Naomi, come on.’ Drew urged as he stopped beside me. He was acting strange recently, along with Leanne and Caitlin. They despised the fact that I wouldn’t tell them why I wasn’t attending class. I’m usually good at creating lies to fool them; however their totally innocent faces triggered the guilt in me so I just told them that I could not explain. It was hard to make them get off the subject at first, but with a few attempts I managed to get them off my case although it hurt me in the process. I didn’t enjoy keeping things away from my mates.

My heart and body turned into jelly as sudden apprehension smacked me like a ton of bricks; what would happen if he asks me to talk to him privately? What would happen if he sets me detention for no apparent reason? What would I do then?! I gulped.

But hey, maybe he wouldn’t do anything. It’s a class full of bright students. I’m sure he’s clever enough to know not to do anything inappropriate, my good conscious told me.

‘You know what? Just stay put. I’ll go to class then.’ He muttered and stomped into the room. I rolled my eyes at Drew’s stupid mood swings and took a step forward. It was a move, I guess.

However hesitant I was in having to breathe the same air as Dawson, I managed to heave my feet along into the room. By now my heart was thumping at full speed and I swear, my head was about to explode from the sheer terror. I felt sick. Without glancing anywhere near the….Teacher, I made my way over to the furthest seat away from his desk and slowly sat down, pushing the thought of throwing up to the back of my mind.

Although my eyes were not glancing anywhere near to him, my ears could not stop from listening which meant that I could hear every little detail of him from clearing his throat or murmuring to the students oh and calling out my name…

Damn.

‘Naomi, can you hand out the books please?’ It was a question but it sounded more like a demand.

As much as I tried I could not function my mouth to produce any sort of sound. He just sounded so normal. Like nothing had ever happened. Like he hadn’t put me through hell for the past week. Like I hadn’t witnessed him…No, I can’t think about that.

How does he do it?

‘Naomi?’ Why was his voice so pleasant to listen to though he was a jerk? Even calling him a jerk would be an understatement.

‘Naomi Wright, are you ignoring me?’ Yet he spoke so conceitedly.

My heart ached so much because of the pure tiredness I felt due to the fear he caused me; I wished I could do something that would remove all the nasty things I had seen away from my memory – or if not then just make him a better person.

But I can’t.

I can’t do anything. I couldn’t do anything. The whole thought of being able to do nothing at all that would tame the pain I was in was horrible. All I wanted was for this hurt and fear to end. I wanted to cry – it let out some pain, only for a little while.