Sin part 2

The night, him and I spent together. He had taken to me to his apartment and offered me a warm place to sleep. I had never known such kindness. Never would I have ever thought a man would be so kind to me, all my father ever did was ignore me.

I woke to the sound of the city, the sound of beeping horns and shouts. I arose from my deep slumber, I slowly sat up. In the now morning light I could see the room more clearly. I could see how messy the room was, clothes thrown on top of the dresser and some scattered on the floor. The paint on the sides of some of the walls were chipping and the windows looked old and dusty. As for Darren, the man who took me in, looked to be no where around. Darren is a rather lonely looking man with disgust in his eyes, I thought maybe him and I could be friends. I slipped out of the covers and walked to the window. The window looked like it hadn’t been opened in ages, I dusted it off and hoped to god I wouldn’t break it. I needed to feel it again, I needed to feel the fresh air in my fur.

I pulled on it.

It wouldn’t budge.

I had to, I needed to feel it.

I ran out of the room, into the living room and out teris.

I was out on the railing. The cold wind nipped at my fur, it made me feel so alive.

I could see the people walking below me.

I smiled.

This was the happiest I had ever felt in this gloomy world. Finally free of my unbearable prison. No longer the person I was, once I stepped out of the door of that wretched house. I wasn’t theirs anymore, I was mine.