Chapter 6: "Just give him time"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.♡.* :☆゚。・ ───

Louis' POV:

July 16, 2014 - 8:03 AM

I heard a distant ringing noise, but ignored it in favor of getting more sleep. However, wherever the source the noise was coming from wouldn't stop. This eventually caused me to come out of unconsciousness and into reality. At this point, I finally registered that the noise was the ringtone of my phone.

I went over the nightstand on my side and picked up the phone. 'Modest!' was the name that popped up the screen and I internally groaned. Why can't those f*ckers give us a break? As much as I wanted to ignore the call, I knew if I didn't, they would continue calling until I answered the call. I unplugged the phone from its charger.

"Hello?" I answered the moment I accepted the call.

"Mr. Tomlinson, nice to hear you answering the call at a respective time instead of ignoring it like you usually do," the voice replied on the other line, which I identified as Richard, the head staff of our management team.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Don't get snappy with me, Tomlinson. But besides that, we need you to come to our building and meet us in the meeting room. We have some things we need to discuss," he instructed.

"Right now?" I questioned.

"It'd be best if you could manage to arrive at the meeting room at around 8:45 AM," he replied.

"Fine," I responded.

"Lovely. We'll see you then," he answered and then hung up the call.

I placed the phone back on the nightstand and looked at the curly-haired beauty that was still sleeping next to me. "How is he so beautiful even when he's just sleeping?" I asked myself.

Eventually, I had to stop admiring the mesmerizing angel and actually start getting dressed so I could meet management. With a quiet sigh, I got out of bed and made my way to the bathroom.

-

8:35 AM

I pulled up to the building of Modest! Headquarters. No matter how many years have passed, the building only seemed like a symbol of hell for me.

I turned off the engine and got out. I walked in, got checked in, and now, I was waiting for the meeting to start since apparently, I was about 10 minutes early.

Minutes passed until Richard's assistant, Melissa came to collect and direct me to the meeting room.

"Richard and the rest of the PR team will be waiting for you in the meeting room," Melissa instructed.

"Thanks," I muttered. These people didn't really need my kindness since all they did was just give me stunts to fulfil.

The moment I opened the door, the quiet chatter that I had previously heard coming from the room went silent. "Mr. Tomlinson, glad to see you've made it to the meeting on time," Richard responded.

I walked in and sat down in the only seat that was empty. "I do have other places I need to be Richard, so if you could skip the chat-chit, that would be great," I answered.

Something like a frown settled on RIchard's face, but it seemed he dismissed whatever thought was previously weaving in his head since he didn't say anything about my remark.

"If you insist, Tomlinson," was all he replied with.

-

Harry's POV: