Chapter 8: Little Life & Surprise

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.♡.* :☆゚。・ ───

Harry's POV:

July 20, 2014 - 9:17 AM

"Harry Styles?" a feminine voice asked into the quiet waiting room.

I turned away from the window I was looking at previously and got up from my seat as I looked towards the direction where my name was called. I was met with a middle aged lady holding the door open while she looked around the waiting room.

The lady smiled as I walked closer and she closed the door once I made it past the doorway. Before we walked any further, we did the basic checkup like weight and height before she directed me further down the hallway into the room.

"Alright Mr. Styles, you're here for your first ultrasound, is that correct?" she asked as I got myself situated comfortably on the examination table.

"I think so," I replied.

She wrote something down on her clipboard before she looked back up and responded, "Alright then. I'll have your main doctor come in, so please wait until he arrives."

"Sure," I answered as the lady left, closing the door behind her.

While I waited, I looked around the bland grey room. There weren't many interesting things about the room besides the few equipments on the wall and the rubbish bin in the corner near the door.

After a few minutes, the door finally opened and a somewhat young female walked into the room. She walked further into the room and sat down in the chair near the desk. Once she was seated, she looked in the direction of the examination table and smiled. "Hello Mr. Styles, I'm Dr. Crawford and I'll be your doctor for the next nine months," he acknowledged.

"Now from the papers I've been given, you're here for your first ultrasound," he added.

I gave a small nod.

"Let's get to seeing this little one shall we? If you could lay back on this table while I get what I need that would be great," she instructed as she walked over to the mini sink in the room and started washing his hands.

Once I laid down on the examination table, I watched the doctor as she put on gloves and then started walking towards my direction. She stood in front of the table that was near me that also happened to be hooked up to a computer.

"If you don't mind, I'm going to need you to lift your shirt to the point most of your stomach is showing," she admitted.

Despite the quick moment of confusion that passed through my mind, I still went along with the doctor's request.

"Now, this will be a bit cold," she warned as she picked up a bottle. A second later, it felt as if my breath was stolen from me as I felt something cold come in contact with my lower abdomen. However, I quickly adjusted to it after it started to not feel as cold as it did when it first came in contact.

Not too long after, I felt something else come in contact with my skin, except this time, there was a slight pressure with it. "We'll try to see if we can see the gestational and yolk sac," she acknowledged as I now noticed she was using a device and was moving it around my lower abdomen.

I stared at her as she was facing the computer screen moving the device from time to time. While I never really properly looked at her, I now noticed her hair reminded me of a certain someone, which brought back those memories of the said person who broke up with me with no problem.

"There it is!" she exclaimed, knocking me out of those memories.

"There what is?" I questioned. Even if I went to high school, my knowledge concerning biology was limited.