Letting go.

Tuesday June 11th~2018

Two days since I seen him. Two days since we talked. The relationship is over. The minute he text me , if he ever does , I'm breaking up with him. I'm all set. I felt peer pressured into the sex and luckily I managed to not give in. These men are shit.

I had just left school and Giovani was texting me.

Draco😌: wassup nigga?

Me: I just got done with school. I'm about to go home.

Draco😌:Alright FaceTime me when you get home.

My school is literally only 4 minutes from my house so I walk there. I made my way down my street with Rule the world by Ariana and 2 Chainz playing in my ears.

The sun was shining and I looked the fuck good today. I had on black pants and a pink shirt that came off the shoulders with matching pink vans.

It was simple but I liked it. At school we have to wear black pants so I know this summer will be annoying. The heat and black pants are not a good match.

I make my way upstairs and unlock my side door. Plopping my keys down I realize I'm the only one home. I kick my shoes off in the mudroom and wash my hands.

I take my phone out of my purse and call Giovani.

"It's big Dracooo ya heard." He says while picking up. So damn ghetto.

"Nigga what do you want?" I reply while placing my phone on the counter.

"You called me , kid."

"You told me to call you Bro." I said.

"Oh I did. You right you right. How was that test you had today." He says and I feel a weird feeling.

He remembered...

I felt like my whole body smiled.

"I passed." I said proudly. My test today was on the color wheel and perms. I passed with a 87.

  "Good shit lil nigga. Now you can be doing my hair and shit." He says and I roll my eyes.

  "You right because your hair been looking dry as hell." I said laughing.

He laughs and then there's a silence. I grab my phone and walk to my bedroom. He inhales deeply and I assume he's smoking.

"So what you bout to do?" He says while blowing out smoke.

"Uhm I don't know yet. I don't have work today so I'm chilling I guess. Which is good I didn't want to deal with anyone." I put the phone on my bed and take off my pants and shirt. I toss them on the floor and get into bed.

"Oh oh that's wassup. I'm going to hang with my bro's today. I got today off too." He says.

"Well let me take a nap. I'm sleepy. I'll call you when I wake up if you want." I said.

"Nah you can just stay on the phone. Chat with me for a bit tho." I place the phone up against my pillow as I lay on my side facing it.

I watch him inhale the blunt and blow out all that smoke. He ashes the blunt and brings it closer to his lips. He stares at it and inhales it again.

"You gonna keep staring or what. You alright?" He says.

I nod my head. "I'm fine. I just need to rest honestly." I wasn't going to tell him my issues with Angel. I already told Dede and she basically was only confused on why we didn't have sex yet . She was no help.

"So do that kid." With that comment I close my eyes and relax. Pretty soon sleep takes over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up and my room is dark. I look at my phone screen and I realize he's still on the phone. I check the time at it's 9:25 pm. I guess I really was tired.

The FaceTime screen is black but I hear light snoring. He must be sleeping himself. I pick up my phone and see I have 5 messages from Angel and like 30 from the Groupchat with Dede and Quiana.

This nigga: Wassup?
This nigga:You free tonight?
This nigga: Pull up if you are.
This nigga: Hello
This nigga:Bet

I roll my eyes and text back.

Me:Idk why you texted me. But this right here ain't working. I don't think we was supposed to be together. And honestly I don't see this relationship going far. We was good friends and I hope we can remain friends in the future but I'm all set.

This nigga:Damn really?

Me:Yes.

This nigga: Aight bet.

I close out of my messages and sigh. I had to let his ass go.