Chapter 4

Tommy laid awake in bed. He couldn't stop thinking about that ghost boy in that house. Maybe it was the way the light hit his hand that made him transparent.

Yeah, that could be it. Tommy told himself. But...there is no way I could've seen the wall from the other side of his hand.

Tommy tried to think of ways on how that boy could be transparent, but the only option was him being a ghost.

Ok, tomorrow I'll go see him. Tommy told himself.

—-

Toby felt bad for scaring that boy. He felt bad for him being so scared to run out of the house, terrified.

The young ghost looked out his parents old window and stared out at the neighborhood. He had always wished that he was like normal kids and not a ghost. But he had lost his life so long ago. He lost his life to that dumb...

Toby leaned backwards and onto the bed. He leaned on his dad and mom's old bed. He missed them so much. He hated being alone in this empty house. Everything was so lonely.

Toby looked over at his stuffed bee, that lay on the floor looking at him.

"Are you lonely as well?" He asked it, picking it up and cuddling it. "Don't worry. I'll make sure you're gonna be ok."

—-

It had already been past midnight, and Tommy still couldn't sleep. His mind was too filled with thoughts to let him sleep. His thoughts were about that brunette boy.

That boy looked relieved to have seen someone. Had he not seen anyone in a while?

I want to know you. Tommy told himself, like he was talking to the ghost. I have to know why you're still here.

Tommy sat up and walked down to the kitchen. He looked at his jacket hanging up on its hook.

He was about to walk over to it and put it on, but the presence of someone else who was there stopped him.

"What are you doing?" Techno asked from behind him.

Tommy slowly looked around his shoulder and saw that Techno looked tired. Techno looked like he was painting his hair pink again.

"Nothing." Tommy said, rubbing his foot against his other foot.

"I know you're lying." Techno folded his arms. "You rub your leg against your heel when you're lying."

"Ok," Tommy gave up. ", I was just going to go see someone."

"Who?" Techno asked.

"...no one..." Tommy mumbled quietly and looked away.

Techno sighed. "You can go see them tomorrow."

Techno was about to walk back to his room, but Tommy spoke and stopped him. "Come on, Techno. I can't sleep unless I talk to him."

"Tommy, you can wait until morning." Techno told him. "Now go back to bed."

"I didn't even sleep yet." Tommy mumbled to himself.

Techno turned around and looked at him. "Do you want some medicine?"

Tommy folded his arms. "No..."

"Then, go to bed." Techno walked back into his room and shut the door behind him.

Tommy looked back at his jacket and debated going outside or not. No matter what he did, he would get in trouble either way. He had to make the right decision. Either go see that boy, or stay home and not get into trouble.

Tommy sighed. I'll stay home and not get into more trouble than I already am.

The boy walked back upstairs and went to sleep. It did take a little bit to get his body to relax, but he did eventually pass out.

Tomorrow, he was gonna go see that boy once again.