Chapter 1 - Introductions

She ran on the carpeted flooring, her sneakers colliding with the floor as she ran. She halted as she came towards a door. The white door stood threateningly at her. Slowly, she reached for the metal door handle and peeked inside. A girl with wavy brunette hair, which was held back using a black headband, awaited her. The brunette was perched on a wooden seat and was glaring at the blonde like an eagle.

"You're late," scolded the brunette girl, her eyes still fixed on the blonde.

"I know, I'm sorry," the blonde, who was wearing a multicoloured shirt under denim-blue overalls apologised, fiddling with her hair.

"It's fine. Well now that you're here Missy, start the speech already, the players have been waiting," commanded the brunette. Missy nodded, turned on the microphone and started speaking to the people in the room below her.

"Players, dear players, in a moment you will be let into the building where you will be participating in the game, 'Flicker'. Please go into the main room when you are let in. Thank you for your patience."

Missy looked up from the microphone to observe the scene through the one-way glass at the players below. Abby, the brunette, smirked at Missy.

"Now we wait for the game to commence," Abby said.

The 'players' swarmed into the main room like a hive of bees. Confusion buzzed in the room. However, a girl with jet-black hair tied up into a high ponytail spoke up, "Look, I get we don't know where we are, me either, but please can we all just calm down a bit?"

This silenced majority of the players. "I agree." stated a boy with dark brown hair, "However, I do think it's useful to share our names, as we're mostly all strangers to one another. By the way, my name is Reza,"

"Amani." the girl with the jet-black hair stated. Amani wore a red vertical striped shirt, accompanied by a silver necklace which dangled from her neck and light-blue jeans.

"Pleased to meet you all, my name is Mila," said a girl with wavy auburn hair, which was tied up into two buns. Mila wore multiple golden-chained necklaces, a black tube top and dull chartreuse jeans. "I guess you can say I'm a fortune-teller of some sort," she added, "Anyways, I'm not sure how I got here; the memory is very vague."

"You can call me Elizabeth," a girl with tawny brown hair, styled in a half-up half-down space buns style, greeted. Elizabeth was wearing a pastel rainbow-striped shirt with a white collar, denim-blue short held up by a black belt. She had ravishing azure eyes which glimmered as she spoke. She continued, "I work as a fashion designer and same with Mila, I don't remember how I got here."

"Um, the name's Charlie." Charlie wore a khaki-coloured coat over a red and blue plaid flannel shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes. He also has short raven-black hair. "I like travelling and photography- that's it,"

A male with dark brown hair spoke, "Hey, uh, I'm Omar, I work as a business man," Omar wore a blue bomber jacket over a plain white shirt. "Like the other two, I'm not sure how I got here,"

"Hi, my name is Annie," a girl with peculiar red hair said. Annie wore dark blue denim overalls that are held up by suspenders over a white tank-top. She has long, scarlet hair, which was accompanied by a lime green headband. "I work and look after a farm. And also, I have a Gaucho sheepdog named Blackey."

"I'll go next, hello, my name is Kai," Kai wore a venta black jacket with pockets with an embroidered alien print. They wore a black chocker with a silver charm and grey denim shorts. "My goal is to become an astronaut one day,"

"The name's Trey," Trey said sheepishly. Trey wore a black oversized hoodie, black, distressed ripped jeans, and black shoes with white soles. They also have a wild, fluffed, lavender dyed buzzcut with half of it being spiked and pointing upwards. They didn't say much else.

"Well now that you've all finished introduced yourself to each other, I will tell you about the roles.  Inside your pockets, there should be a little piece of paper. Please take it out and beware, do not, I repeat, do not show anyone your paper, unless you trust them, because your life depends on it. Anyways, your paper will tell you your role and what you can do with your role." The voice waited for a few minutes, making sure everyone had read their role and then said, "You all finished reading? Great, time for a little surprise," the voice in the speaker giggled. Then all of a sudden, the lights flickered off and then on, off and on, until the room was completely pitch black.