Chapter 7

I stare at my calendar. I squint my eyes as I take a closer look at the red circle around one of the box. Tomorrow. I bounce up from my bed and run downstairs. I grab some food and shove it in my bag.

"BYE!" I wave to everyone. As I close the door I see a sleepy Hikaru and an angry mom. I lift the garage door and grab my bike. I see my mom run out the door to yell at me and I quickly pedal away. "CLOSE THE DOOR!" I yell at her and pedal as fast as I can. I hear her curse me out in the distance. I can tell she's still upset about me running off on grandma, but I still smile. After minutes of pedaling I reach Karasuno. I pedal to the gym and lock my bike in front of it. I slide the metal doors open to see everyone already practicing. I quickly throw my stuff in a corner and rip my jacket off along with my sweatpants. Don't worry. I have shorts on. I run towards the court and join them shuffling along the court. Our last practice until our tournament tomorrow. The sound of sneakers squeaking and our ragged breathe fills the big gym. After a few minutes our heads divert to the sound of the metal doors opening and the boy's team coming in. I ignore them and continue warm-up. I turn and swing my arms as I feel someone put their arm on my shoulder.

"The fu-" I feel my hand hit someone's face. The sound of skin on skin makes me want to cringe.

"OW!" I hear Nishinoya scream.

I quickly turn around and laugh. His cheek is red and his eyes are watery. I laugh and cup his cheeks. "I'm sorry." I laugh.

He tries to pry my hands off his face while I continue cupping his cheeks. He crosses his arms and faces the other direction. 

"I said I was sorry, okay?" He continues to ignore me. I sigh. "Senpai, I'm sorry." I say defeated. I feel a part of me die as the words physically leave my mouth.

He turns his head towards me. He smiles from ear to ear. "Can you repeat that?" He leans in.

I roll my eyes and push his head away. "You heard me, I'm not repeating anything." And he huffs again.

"I hate you!" And with that he stomps away to somewhere else in the gym. I watch as he stalks to the other side of the gym, his gelled hair bouncing up and down.

In all the laughter and jokes, nobody noticed Tsukishima standing in the corner alone with a scowl on his face.

~

My butt aches. The hard chair makes me more uncomfortable. My face is probably still red and swollen from what happened during break. I wait in class for everyone to arrive. I put my cheek to the desk and watch everything sideways, both hands on the desk. The cool surface of the desk eases the pain on my cheek just a little bit, ot draws a sigh of relief out of my mouth. My legs bounce aimlessly an my used to be white socks are now brown and green. I changed into my sweatpants to cover my muddy legs and a sweater to cover my brown uniform. I pick a piece of dried mud out of my hair and sigh. Its gonna take forever to wash. The bell rings and people run into the classroom.

"Hey," the trash whispers to me. I feel Trash poke and shake my arm repetitively.

Without lift my head from the desk, I turn to him. "What you want?" I whisper back. I watch as Trash pushes his glasses up with a frown.

"Where's your uniform." He asks with an arched eyebrow. He shifts in his seat and his whole body faces me.

"It got dirty." I say as I lift my sweatpants up and show him my 'brown' socks and muddy leg. He frowns again.

"Why is your face all bruised up? Did somebody hurt you? He asked full of concern. "Are you okay?" He leans forward to tuck a piece of dirty hair away from my face. I pull away from his hand.