Chapter 5

I enter the classroom not making eye contact with anyone. I turn my headphone volume up higher and take a seat. My regular seat in the front. Beside Tsukishima. Just look straight forward and wait for the teacher. Don't make this awkward. Just survive through the day, then go to practice and leave. I see Mr.  Take enter the room and I quickly take my headphones off. 

No eye contact, just ignore each other like usual. Maybe a few peaks here and there, but nothing more. 

Mr.Take scribbles something on the board. " プロジェクト"(project). I hear many people groan. 

"Suck it up kids. You're getting partners."  Mr.Take laughs.

Heartless man. Why is he a teacher? Does he not love himself? At least we get to chose our own partners. I look over to one of my classmate and we give each other the look. Okay. That's my partner.

"But there's more!" Mr.Take smiles.

Oh hell nawww.

" I'm going to choose your partners!"

What a sadist. Mr.Take makes us scramble around the room and numbers us. I am literally on my hands and knees praying to get a good partner.

"Please, please, please." I murmur.

" You are number 5. And get up from the ground, Takizawa."

I get up from the ground and look around. I wonder who else is number 5. I tap my previous partner. And hold five fingers up. She shakes her head. Damn. I wander around the room. Five. Fiver. Five. Who is five? 

" What number are you?" I hear someone say from behind.

I turn around. Bruh. Tsukishima stands in front of me with a bored expression, as usual.

" Five, you?" Please don't say five. Please, please,please.

"Uh, two." 

*insert holy music here*

I turn around and smile. My prayers has been heard.

" Are you five?" I hear a quiet whisper.

" Yea." I turn around. Oh. Him. 

"I guess we're partners then." He says shyly.

" I guess we are." 

~

"NICE!" I yell as I run down the court. I run up to the net and jump. I swing my arms up and fall my down. As my feet hit the ground I hear the sound

" THAT"S NOT FAIR!!!" I hear my teammates yell. 

I was the decoy. I smile and shake my head. These girls have really grown on me. They're like my second family. They're like the sisters I never had. Well, I have a sister, but shes a disappointment. We set our position again and we play. Practice removes my stress from the upcoming tournament. I looks around the court and something at the door catches my eyes. Ignore it and continue to play. 

" SPIKE IT!" 

I run towards the net and jump as high as I can. I smirk and bring my hand down to the ball. Boom. 

" OUT!" I hear them yell.

" What!" I yell across the court. I laugh grab my bags. "I have to go now! Sorry, I got a project to finish!" I wave and leave. I walk to the door and punch him. 

" Ow.."

" Yamaguchi! Let's try to finish this tonight, okay?" I elbow him and we walk to his house. We stay silent for the whole walk. Everytime I try to start a conversation with him, he says "okay" and ends it like that. This is awkward. 

"How are even suppose to do a project based on math!?" 

"I don't, I suck at math." 

I guess we won't finish this tonight. We both suck at math.

~

"YES!" I bounce up from my sleeping position. I rub my eyes and look around. Where am I? Wait. Why are there people everywhere.

"Ahem." 

I look up. Shit. "Good morning Mr.Take." I smile sheepishly. I'm dead.

"Stay after school and wash this room." I see the anger in his eyes and I just want to run out the room.

"The whole room?" Maybe I can negotiate with him.

"YES!"

I can feel his spit fly onto my face. I wipe my face and slump back into the chair. I hear a snicker and turn to my side. 

"Smooth."  He snickers.

I'm gonna kill him. If i die, I'm dragging him with me. I whip my pencil case at him. Tsukishima you piece of shit. 

"What the hell?" He throws it back to me harder. I smirk. I throw my eraser at him. No reaching. I poke him with my pencil. No reaction. I keep poking him until he snaps. I feel him tense up. I keep poking him. He stands up abruptly and grabs my pencil.

"YOU'RE SO FUCKING ANNOYING!" He yells out loud

I smirk.

"BOTH OF YOU, GET OUT!" Mr.Take's face turns red.

"Yes, Sir."

~

"You're so fucking annoying."

We both stand against the wall outside the classroom. I laugh. "You were being an asshole." 

"We've been out here for the whole day." 

"Stop whining. It's only been three hours." 

"I'm gonna kill you." 

I sigh. I stare at the clock hoping that time will past by faster. One minute feels like a week. I'm not even joking right now. Do I regret this? Absolutely not. People pass by us in the hall and laugh. 

"Idiots." A guy laughs as he passes us.

"Piece of shit." He's dead if I see him around the school again.

"Let it go, he's not worth fighting." 

I turn to him a smirk. "Aren't you a wise man." 

Flick!

"Ow! What the heck man?" I rub my forehead and punched his arm. "Why did you flick my forehead?"

He laughs and puts his arm around my shoulder. He puts me in a headlock and whispers in my ear. "You're a piece of shit."

I pull myself out of the headlock and laugh. I thought he was gonna say something else, but what can you expect from this trash?

~

"LEAVE!" Mr.Take yells at the both of us. His spit flies and my face and I try my best not to grimace. We both walk down the empty hallway.

"I'm glad that's over." I crack my neck. I look out the window and the sky has turned orange-pink. Birds fly outside and the clouds look nice and soft.

"We've been standing there for more than 4 hours." I hear Tsukishima say and he headlocks me.

I continue walking, ignoring the fact that he's head locking me. "We should walk around before the pink sky disappears."

 "Yea...." 

I wiggle out from his headlock and we walk home.

A/N:

I lied. I said I was gonna update a couple weeks ago welp. I'm Sorry. I had to write this chapter again because it didn't make sense nor follow the plot. Waaaaa. over 500+ reads!!! Thanks. I never thought this will get 500+. I thought this was gonna get 10 reads tbh. I'm sorry. School work is just too much to bare. Shit is just happening right now and I won't write alot. I wrote a Halloween chapter, but I forgot to upload it. I had a swim competition. I died. Oops. Goodbye.