Chapter 6

" Let's go!" An annoyed Hikaru yells from downstairs. I ignore him and continue to watch my show. I burst out laughing and I hear someone pound on my door.

" Go away Hikaru." I say loud enough for him to hear.

"It's Saturday and we're going out to eat! Let's go!" He continues to pound on my door.

"No thanks!" My eyes are still glued on the computer screen. Hikaru stops pounding on the door and I turn around. Why so quiet all the sudden? I take my headphones off and I walk towards the door. I knock the door softly and open it. I see an angry looking Chiyo and I quickly close the door. Right before the door closed Chiyo stops it with her feet. She tries to open the door, but I push harder to close it. We both try to push the door. 

"Stop trying, Chiyo! We both know who's stronger!" I exclaim loudly. 

"Wouldn't want to keep Grandma waiting, do we?" She says with a grin through the gap of the door. 

My eyes widen and I stop pushing. Grandma? 

"Wait, what?" I manage to sputter out in disbelief. 

Chiyo walks in and nods. " Yea."

Why?! Even hearing her name gives me headaches.

" Stop slouching!"

" Eat more!"

" Do for me!"

" Minami!"

" Why you so fat?!"

" Eat, eat , eat!"

" Why you so skinny?!"

" Why you act like boy?" 

" Help me do this." 

" Why can' t you be more like Chiyo?"

" Give me a hug."

" Aiyaa."

" Why your hair like this!?"

" Do you have boyfriend?"

" Chiyo is my favourite."

" Tch." 

I groan and rub my temples. Why? It's not that I hate her or anything. It's just that she's a handful. Always judging our life decisions and comparing me to Chiyo. She always gives everything to Hikaru. Like, that's unfair. He could ask her for a car and she would buy it for him. But if I ask her for a piece of gum or anything, she would scold me and tell me to act lady-like. What is that supposed to mean!? Act lady-like. Pfff. 

"Do I have to go?" I ask annoyed.

"Yes. She's not that bad. Hurry up and change."

"She not that bad." I throw my hands up and mimic her voice. "Of course she's not that bad to you. You're her favourite. She's always pampering you and Hikaru while she leaves me out. You're her little doll. Her perfect grandchild," I take a pause and stare deadpan into Chiyo's smirk. "Of course you say she's not that bad!" 

"Shut up and get dressed!" Chiyo yells at me and slams the door, Hard. 

"Damn." I mutter and dig some clothes from my dresser. I have to dress my best or else Grandma will start bickering. I take out a pair of rolled up jeans and a floral shirt. I slip everything on quickly and check the mirror. My hair looks like shit. No time to fix it. I quickly grab a random snapback on my desk and run downstairs. My dad looks at me surprised.

"Look who finally came downstairs." 

"Let's go." I swing the door open and walk out. I wait by the car door until I hear a beep and I yank the door open. I hear my dad yell at me for hurting his "baby" a.k.a the car. Ignore him and put my seatbelt on.