Chapter 3

Over the weeks our team has been training hard. Night and day, but we still have to balance it with schoolwork. Non-stop training. We've been pushing ourselves to the limit. We need to win the upcoming tournament, if not I'll just drop dead.

Sweat drenches my shirt as I continue to spike the ball. We all shuffle around the net, block, jump, spike, receive, dive, repeat. My legs are numb and my palms sore; the left one more than the right. The back of my legs feel stiff and my heartbeat fast. I feel myself give in, but I continue. I think to myself "What if we make it to the nationals." That was my motive. 

Karasuno is fallen powerhouse. The flightless crows. But I'm here to change that. People will no longer look down at our school name. We will no longer be the flightless crows. I want to win. We all want to win. I pick up my paste and spike the ball harder. I jump higher. I hear the sharp blow of the whistle and we all stop. Our coach stands on the bench.

" ALL RIGHT LADIES! I love seeing you guys work 200 times harder. I love seeing you all improve everyday. As you see, a tournament is coming up soon. In two weeks to be precise. We need to work hard and give it your best shot. If we don't win, it's okay. Our hard will not go to waste. There is always the spring tournament. I'll clean up today. Get changed and head to class."  

" ARIGATO!" We all bow down. 

I grab my water bottle and begin to chug the water down. Water never tasted so good. I breathing is heavy and I place my hands on my lower spine. I lift my shirt up to wipe my face. I  see people walking towards the change-room and I dash in. I run past them and laugh. " I'M GETTING THE GOOD SHOWER!!" I hear footsteps from behind and I start to run faster. I don't even bother getting my stuff and I jump in. I strip and turn the water on. The cold water hits my back and I laugh. " MUHAHAHAH!"

I hear a majority of them say " Tch!"

I stick my head out the curtain. " Can you get my stuff!?" 

"No." She replies.

"I'll give you the good shower next~"

She runs to get my bag. When she comes back I thank her. I take the shampoo out and massage my scalp. I rise off the shampoo, as I open my eyes I feel them burn. " AHHHHH" I run my eyes under the shower. 

I hear a concerned teammate yell. " ARE YOU OKAY!?"

" Yea... I just got shampoo in my eyes."

"Baka...."

I wrap a towel around my body and walk out the shower. I slip into my shoes and walk towards a stall to change. I change into my uniform. I look into the mirror. I run my hand through my wet hair and sigh. I need to bleach it again. The roots are showing too much. My eyes tired and lined with black lines due to lack if sleep. I practice early in the morning and late at night. I take my somewhat short hair and tie it into a bun. A lilac donut. 

I wave the coach good-bye and walk out the gymnasium, The cool hair hits me and I pull out my blazer. I drag my feet on the ground and my eyes droop. The sky is grey, giving off a sad vibe. I put my blazer on and sigh. I look around and I see couples everywhere. I walk past many of them. I tower over most of them. I see a girl across the field jumping up and down, her skirt flying up and down. I pull my skirt lower. I feel awkward in my uniform. I feel like an ox. I push all the negative thoughts out of my head and enter the school.

~

When school ended I heading towards the gym. I need to practice. I open the doors, but no one was inside. I see the coach cleaning the store-room.

" Where is everybody"

" No practice this evening take a break. We had practice this morning."

" We need more practice. We need to be prepared!"