Chapter 4- The purple heart charm

Colt led me through the crowded part of the shop and to a quieter, less busy section of it. Okay, what on Earth could he be looking for that isn't in the Brawler Merch section? I was literally downright stumped. 

  "I'm sure it was here... I saw it here the last time..." Colt muttered to himself while scanning the pretty worn-down shelves.

  "Uhh...Colt?" I started.

  Suddenly, Colt thrust something up in the air triumphantly like a trophy. "I found it!" he grinned broadly. I leaned forward to get a closer look at this mysterious thing. 

  It was a charm. Purple, in the shape of a heart. And it was beautiful. Colt brought it to the counter and paid for it.  

  "Ooo, you found someone you like? You gonna confess your feelings to her using this?" I asked Colt teasingly. Colt nodded, blushing profusely. "Well I fully support you!" I told him, beaming. Again, he blushed. "It's for someone really special to me..." He didn't meet my eyes. "And, Shelly..." Colt started.

  Just then, He walked in. With his flapping scarf and stylish hair. Edgar. I stared too much as he strolled through the shop, reaching us.

  "Shelly?" Colt asked, trying to draw my attention back. 

  "Huh? Yeah?" I muttered distractedly.  

  "Do you...like...Edgar?" he suddenly asked, his tone flat.