Chapter 7- Start of Trouble

I can't believe I just said that to Colt! OMG HELP ME!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE I SAID THAT TO MY BEST FRIEND!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! 

  I looked down, avoiding his eyes and waiting for his reaction. Would he laugh at me? Call me crazy? Decide not to be my best friend anymore?  

  We stood silently, with me just staring at his shoes awkwardly, but my mind was the opposite of silent. And I bet Colt's mind was too. If only I could read minds! 

  "Shelly..." he started hesitantly. 

  NOOOOOOOOOOO! I braced myself for the worst. What was he going to say??? The suspense was killing me!

  Just then, a big red circle appeared on the ground we were standing on. "IS THAT A METEOR??!" I shrieked, looking upwards. We only had three full seconds before the meteor struck. The gigantic meteor approached us, coming nearer and nearer each millisecond I wasted. Only slightly more than a second was left. 

  "COLT!" I screamed, but he was rooted to the ground in terror. Leaving me no choice, I grabbed him by the waist. I pushed off the ground as hard as I could and hurled us out of the red circle in the nick of time.

  We landed right outside of the meteor effect zone. My heart rate quickened as we watched the meteor fall, and the amount of danger we were in sunk in. The meteor crushed everything in the red circle, including the bush we were in, barely just missing us. I didn't show it, but I was traumatized. We could have almost died there.

  I turned to look at Colt's face. It was paler than a sheet from the fright. His mouth was agape but no sound came out. "You... okay?" I asked softly, propping him up from where he was lying, dazed, on the ground. He finally made a wrangled noise. 

  "We gotta go! I think Brawl Stars is malfunctioning! Well, whatever it is, it isn't safe for us to stay here! Maybe we should run to find the others!" I half-yelled at Colt.

  Colt finally snapped out of his stupor and agreed hurriedly.

  We were on high alert. I was not going to let my guard down, not even for a second. I didn't want to let Colt out of my sight or out of my arm's range. I withdrew my trusty shotgun as Colt took his two revolvers out of his pockets.

  We were ready.