Chapter Sixteen

Jin Woo's POV

It's already eight in the morning, and I just finished freshening up. I wore my usual plain white tee and gray Jagger pants. It's Saturday today, and I'm off for work and I know Chae Yoon as well. After I took the breakfast from the hotel staff via room service and arranged the set of food on the table, I decided to walk towards the bedroom. Silently, I peeked at the bed where Chae Yoon was soundly sleeping...

Yes, I brought her here last night to the hotel where I was staying. I don't have any plans yet to wake her up. Her face seems so calm and in peace. I don't have the guts to take that away from her after all the crying she did last night. I know she was tired, and she deserves to take a long rest right now.

I leaned my sidearm against the wall a few steps away from the bed and stares at her sleeping face for how many moments. Damn! I know something big had happened to her because there was no way she'll break down like that in the bar. I'm so curious. I want to know what's her problem. I want to know if what are the things that I needed to do just to make her feel better because God knows I will do anything just to make this woman happy. It hurts me seeing her cry. It hurts me seeing the strong Ha Chae Yoon I knew being so vulnerable and feeling like there is no someone to be there by her side. God! I want to protect her. I want to give her everything that this world could offer.

I was about to turn around and go back to the sofa where I slept last night when I found Chae Yoon slowly opening her eyes from her deep slumber. She followed adjusting her body, and she gently sat up straight in the bed.

"Hey... Good morning." I smoothly said as I marched my feet closer to the bed.

Chae Yoon half-smiled at me, and I took that as a sign that she remembered that I brought her here last night in my room hotel... She seems calm. She's not freaking out. But did she remember what we talked about inside my car?

"Hi... Morning." She answered me as she slightly yawned. Her voice was almost inaudible.

I hesitated at first to sit on the bed beside her. But my eyes widened in amusement the moment I saw her hand tapping on the empty space of the bed as if she's telling me to take a seat on it.

"I know what you're thinking. Don't worry, I remember..." She breathed calmly. Shit! Did she just read what's inside my mind? Chae Yoon closes her eyes for a bit and gulped hard. "I remember you said you've fallen in love with me, and you miss me..." Then she chuckled lightly like a cute fairy as she crosses her arms on top of her chest... "And I also remember that I said I miss you."

I couldn't help but bit my inner cheek after I heard those words from her. God! Thank God she remembered everything!

After a few seconds or so, I finally collected all my courage and took the empty space on the bed, and sat beside her. I reached for her hand and started caressing it in mine.

"Really? I thought you're going to have a sort of amnesia acting this morning." I playfully chuckled, but she gave me a very serious look.

"Believe me or not, but I meant it, Jinwoossi." Chae Yoon uttered in a light voice. I almost couldn't hear her. Then, I found her lowering down her face to avoid my gaze.

Honestly, I still couldn't believe that this is happening to us right now. I know I've waited for this moment to happen, but it still feels so surreal for me... Finally, Chae Yoon loosens up to me a little.

I tried to calm down myself and decided to rub my palm on her sidearm.

"How are you feeling? Did you sleep well?" I asked her, trying to avoid the awkward tension. I began roaming my eyes to her beautiful morning face. Damn! How come a person looks so ethereal like this early in the morning after being so drunk last night? She's so beautiful... I could even stare at her forever. Yet, my brows immediately furrowed the moment I saw her head shaking at me, so I instantly continued... "Why? Are you having a headache? Does your body hurt? You want me to call Doctor Han?" I worriedly blurted nonstop. But to my surprise, Chae Yoon only gave me a smirked and the next thing I knew, she covered her face using her palms and began giggling... God! Is she still drunk?