Chapter Fourteen

"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have ran away!" Tears prick at the corner of her eyes, the sight of the knights and their king's bodies laid in front of her.

Anger

Confusion

Guilt

All the emotions built up inside her as she sees the bodies. She falls to her knees, wishing she could've been faster. She wished she could find Jinki before everything happened.

"I'm sorry, Namjoon."

"Sorry doesn't cut it this time, Ally," his voice is low, causing chills to run down her spine. "You had one job coming to this world. Now, we've lost Yoongi and Ateez. How are we supposed to explain that to Atiny and Army?" He faces her, his face harden with anger.

She backs away, her back hitting a wall behind her. A hand grabs onto Namjoon's shoulder, pulling him back. "It's not worth your time to yell at her," Seokjin's voice cuts in. The younger turns on his heel, not before giving her a last glare.

She watches them walk away, tears running down her face. "I'm sorry.." a soft whisper fills the air.

The scene changes, the entire area covered in black. The sound of footsteps fill the air, her vision going away as something covers her eyes. The voice of someone is right beside her ear, almost sinister. "See, in the end, no one trusts you. They truly blamed the attack on you."

Keres. The laughter fills the air now, the chills running down her spine again. "You won't be able to save him, Ally. Just let me do my job, taking one idol down at a time." They laugh once more, stepping back.

"No." She speaks up, standing up from the ground. Keres grins as she faces them, tilting their head to the side. They snap their fingers, Yoongi appearing in their grip. A knife at the idol's throat. "What can you possibly do to save them, Ally? Your powerless here."

Right as the knife starts to dig into the idol's throat, a bright light emits from the darkness. She yells, thinking it's something bad. "No!"

"Ally! Wake up!"

She wakes up, sitting up with a shout and drenched in sweat. She looks over to the person who was shouting her name, seeing Key and Minho looking at her with concern. Tears run down her face, relief coursing through her veins. She is suddenly pulled into a hug, not seeing who it was. She still relaxes into said person's arms, the tears not stopping.

"It's my fault. I wasn't able to save them," she whimpers out, clutching onto the person's shirt. The sudden glimpse of pink hair makes her realize it was Jonghyun. "Don't blame yourself. You didn't know Keres would do this. You need to relax." She shakes her head, the tears continuing to fall.

"But I did know he was coming. The pain..." she states, not knowing how the others will take it. They all give her curious looks as she sits up, straightening up. "What do you mean?" Jonghyun questions from beside her, making her glance over at him.

"The last few times before an army attacks, I get this sharp pain on the side of my head. It gets to the point where it's so painful and that leads to me passing out. That's why I knew. I knew the army was going to attack before it got outside the borders."

They all sit there, confusion written across their face. The door starts to creak open, a white haired person sticking his head into the room. "Can I come in?" Taemin questions, looking at the others for confirmation. Key waves him inside the room. "Come in." The youngest of the group walks in, heading over to one of the empty chairs. He takes a seat, looking around the room at his hyungs confused faces.

"Why do you all find that strange? Jinki Hyung said that she would be different and that it wouldn't be weird if she had abilities. It's SHINee World, after all." He finishes up his explanation, acting like it was no big deal. They all give him looks and he shrugs. "I thought he told you all about that?"

They all shake their heads and Ally sits there, confusion written all over her face. A sudden thought crosses her mind. "That would make sense. I have had multiple conversations with him. We have a connection of sort, able to speak to each other through dreams. That's how I know he's okay." Her mind flashes back to the bright light from the nightmare she had earlier, the one they woke her up from.

That was possibly him trying to wake me in his own way as well.
A smile forms on her lips as she looks down at her lap. Someone taps on her shoulder. She turns, facing Jonghyun. He gives her a small smile, "Can you tell him the next time that we all miss him and we will find him?" She nods, hugging him and softly pats his shoulder. "I will. We will find him, Jonghyun," she whispers, promising him. They will find Onew, even more now since the life of their friends were in danger now.

-

The sound of rumble being moved is the only thing that the leader of Ateez hears. He opens his eyes, blinking a few times as his surroundings come into view. A groan nearby causes him to look in that way. He immediately regrets the movement, his body terribly aching.

He slowly sits up, looking around the place. What is left of the castle stands in front of him. The ruins in smoldering ashes, the leftover fire dwindling. A sigh leaves the lips of a tired king. Blood drops from the black haired idol's face, a hand on the hilt of his sword. Hongjoong stands up, making his way over to the king. He hesitantly places a hand onto the fellow rapper's shoulder.

"Keres is going all out now. They are going to do whatever is possible to keep Ally from saving Onew," the king states, his eyes not leaving the remains of his past home. Slowly, but surely, the remainder of the soldiers make their way over to join the two rappers.

"Then we will fight back. Just as hard," Hongjoong replies, "we won't give up too easily."

_______________________________

Word Count: 1,052