The Grand Gesture

Jimin had seen Jungkook prepare everything for his grand gesture, though as demanded, he wasn't able to actually help out in any way or form. Jungkook had told him that he had helped too much and that his pride wouldn't let the older help him even more. The maknae thought that getting Jimin's help all the way would undermine his true intentions. So while the rest of the members either got ready to visit their families or were planning to go out with friends, Jungkook secretly set everything up. In a way it was better for Jimin, because after he realized he was actually in love with Jungkook, he wanted no part in helping the younger get his crush. Sure, all those romantic movies Jimin watched would promote letting go of a love that wasn't yours, but for once in his life, he wanted to be selfish. 

So the morning of the great grand gesture, Jimin woke up with a newfound eagerness. He turned on the computer and started planning the greatest date in history. He chose to commemorate the time they'd spent at Tokyo to make it extra special, but while he did have the activities of the day set, he wasn't able to book tickets to Japan given their busy schedule. He'd have to find a way to make it as romantic as possible in the shortest amount of time given he wanted to do this for Jungkook's birthday, but he couldn't think of a place in Korea that could even come close to Disneyland.

A few times he asked himself if it was fine to do what he was doing, but it wasn't like Taehyung had already said yes to being Jungkook's boyfriend. He'd just wait it out on the sidelines and see what his friend would answer. Whether Jungkook would like it or not, he didn't care anymore. Even if he risked his relationship with the maknae, Jimin would tell him how he felt no matter what. Of course, if Taehyung accepted Jungkook's feelings, he would back off entirely, but if he didn't, Jimin would shoot his shot.

Half of the members had already left to their hometowns for the rest of the week, including his crying pillow of two days, so Jimin had the room all to himself. He owed Hoseok a lot seeing as he was the one to advice Jimin to be selfish sometimes. The street dancer sure knew a lot about love, and if Jimin had any sort of trouble he knew who to ask advice to; he finally found his Cupid. He dedicated that time alone to start writing a song for Jungkook to really set the date apart from anything else. He was in the middle of having a mental breakdown due to a verse, when he received a call on his phone. He looked at the caller ID and froze. It was Taehyung. The sun had begun to set and he had been gone for the entire day, so Jimin could only guess what he wanted to talk about. 

What if Taehyung changed his mind, and wanted to be with Jungkook? Was that why he was calling? Where had they gone? Were they alone? How big was the grand gesture Jungkook prepared? What memories did they have without him? And that was the thing, they probably had tons of memories without him, both from before debut when Jimin hadn't arrived and now, with all the 'practice' dates they had gone in.

All these questions played themselves over and over in Jimin's mind when the call got cut off. He sighed with relief but not even two seconds later Taehyung called again. He picked it up this time.

"Hello?" His voice was shaking, the nerves of hearing what his friend had to say grew tenfold.

'Oh my God Jimin, you need to see what Kookie did!' Taehyung only hung up after that and Jimin rolled his eyes despite his broken heart. 

How would I know where to go? He thought to himself. Taehyung was sometimes too-

 A pop up message appeared at the top of his screen, cutting his thoughts short. He opened it he saw the address Taehyung had sent to him. It was only coordinates and there was nothing on the map, so he couldn't actually see the name of the place. Jimin walked to his bed and laid down with a groan. He was not looking forward to watching his own creation prosper. And he knew, that every day from then on would be hollow; that he'd lose the love of his life and that it was all because of his own doing.