Chapter 16

JENNIE

"Mr. Kai is on 8th floor, room 820--"

I didn't heard what she says after that because I immediately went inside the elevator. When I stepped outside, everyone was looking at me. Some of them were whispering, I don't know if they're doing that on purpose.

"Well, she realized that she's not a gay?"

"Don't know, she should be embarrassed right now."

"Well, I understand her.. Her wife looks so boring."

I stopped walking and turned around, glaring at them. They looked so scared and walked away immediately. I was about to chase them and stopped immediately. They're not worth my time. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning around again to go to Kai.

I opened the door immediately and saw him topless, wearing a white towel underneath. I glared at him and quickly walked towards him to slap him. Hard.

His face turned to his side when I did that. He clenched his jaw and didn't talk. It looks like he knew what he what he did. He sarcastically laugh and looked at him. I was so scared about what he can do to me right now, so I slowly stepped back.

"I let you in, I welcomed you here in my territory just for you to slap me?" he asked in disbelief.

"You knew everything, didn't you?"

"Oh my Jennie, why do you have to be so.." he looked at me from head to foot,  "Hypocrite?" I was about to slap him again when he just stared at me. But I froze, tears in my eyes.

"We all wanted the best for our careers right?" he asked me in a nice and sweet voice. "Dreams?" he shrugged. "Well, I guess.. that's for me. But don't you?"

"I don't think like you. I don't act like you! We're different. Way different."

He raised his eyebrows and grabbed his bottle of wine, "That's not what I think though."

"You don't know anything about me. Nor my wife."

"I didn't say I know you," he pours the wine. "I'm saying you're hypocrite Jen. You're building your career, your dreams. And I'm doing  it like you. Protecting it, proving to anyone--everyone that I can still manage to be on the top. I'm not wasting my hard work to be just number 10. Because I build my career and my popularity. And I will do everything just to not waste it even if I hurt everyone else.." he stares at me and smirked. "Even if I lose everything I love."

"N-No.. I can do what I have to do, I love my job and I love Jisoo.."

"Really? Then why is your wife always adjusting on what you love? Why does she have to suffer in order for you to be happy?" he asked. I paused, couldn't answer his question.

I asked myself. Why? Why does she suffered for me to achieve my dreams? For me to be on top? Does it have to be this way?

"Your wife shouldn't adjust, Jennie. She is more than that. She is more than a woman who can risk everything for you. All she ever asked to you is a baby, right? But you decline. But when you asked to her so many things, why does she always have to say yes?"

"Y-You don't know what you're saying.."

"Really? Is that why you're crying right now?" he smiled like a demon. "You came here to blame me. But why don't you blame yourself too? You put her in this situation. You chose this choice. Give yourself a credit, will ya?"