Chapter 32

JENNIE

"Jennie, what's going on inside your head! She has a girlfriend!"

"And I am STILL his wife!"

I sobbed. I told Namjoon everything. And of course, he is very disappointed. But? Why? I am still her wife.

"Jennie, you let her leave you." he points me.

"I am her wife Nam. But why does it feels like everyone of you treats me like I am the other woman?" I cried. "I am her wife Namjoon. I am the one who was kissed in front of everyone. Not Soojoo!"

He sighed and sits down, "Jen... I know.. I know this is hard for you. But Jisoo is filing a divorce."

"That's not just an ordinary sex Nam," I looked at him.. crying. "It was love."

"But she still went home to Soojoo, and not to you."

Fuck.

I cried even harder. I.. I was so dumb. Thinking that after that everything will be okay and fine just like what we used to do. Small or big fights, everything will be back to normal. We will still fix it and we will be okay.

"Jennie, I am your manager. As your manager what you did is wrong because for you guys are in a parking lot for god's sake. Second, I thought you love this job? Are you ready to risk—"

"I am."

"Even what you build will be destroyed? Are you sure that you're sure that this is what you want? Are you sure that after getting your wife back you will be okay in work?"

"I am."

He nods. "I am not your old manager Jennie, so being married to Jisoo is simple and okay. But you have to accept that wherever you go, people will still say bad things to you. So don't put it all inside your chest and in your head. Just let it go," he said.

"And Jen, I am also your friend.. What you did is crazy," he sadly said. "You still love each other, I get that. But right now? You're going to hurt not just yourselves but someone."

"What.. What should I do?"

"Jisoo has to fix this. She has to choose." he says. "And you have to accept who will it be. So be prepared."

"I am prepared—"

"You're not. I am still not confident with you saying you're okay on risking whatever you built. You don't say it Jen, you act on it. Be a woman of your words."

•••

"Mama, who are we visiting?"

"You'll see," I kissed her forehead and look outside of the window.

Thinking what Namjoon said last week hits me. He is right. I should fix myself first. I should be preparing myself. And if Jisoo don't choose me, I should be still happy for her and for myself. Because I become better and I learned.

"You sure she's here Nam?" I asked Namjoon, he is the one who's driving our van.

"Yeah, she got home for her friend, I think." he answered me. "Do well Jen, you really owe her an apology. She's your sister,"