Chapter 2• Shes Gone

I can't even explain the emptiness or the confusion that I felt. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

As the words of my best friend's parents repeat over and over in my mind saying,
"Rachael Monroe, our loving daughter, at the age of 16, has gone missing last night. She has dark brown hair that stops at her shoulders and vibrating green eyes. She is 5"3 and weighs 110 pounds. If you see her or any signs of her please call (907)-443-1290 immediately!"
Then when the police come on the news now saying,
"We are doing everything in our abilities to find this young lady. Call the number on the screen if there is any sightings of Rachael Monroe. Thank you."

As the tears trickle down my soft cheeks my parents almost knock the whole house over trying to get to me.
"I am so sorry honey"
"What can we do for you"
"It's ok, we will find her"
I stare blankly at my two parents as they smother me with hugs and kisses.
When they realise I'm not looking for their attention they back away. I then walk very slowly up to my bedroom, leaving my backpack there. I couldn't do this! I can't live without my best friend!

I couldn't bare this feeling. I crawl into bed trying to stop the pain by the power of sleep. After a few hours passed I dozed off into a deep sleep.