Chapter 5• The Treehouse

Today is April 17, 2009. I wake up after having this dream that was more like a memory of me and Rachael when we were kids playing in our treehouse down the rode from my house. It was in a huge Oak tree that our dads built for us. We used to hang out there every day even before she disappeared we would study there.
"Sky get up! School in 10!"my mom yells.
I lay in my bed for a few minutes listening to the rain dance above my head.
"Did you hear me?!"my mom yells again!
"Yes! I'm coming!"I yell back.
I quickly hop out of bed and pull on a deep pink sweatshirt, light blue skinny jeans, and light brown UGG boots. I pull my hair up into a messy bun feeling disappointed in the bags under my eyes and grab my bag. As I start to sprint up the stairs realising school starts in 2 minutes I trip and hit my head on a few stairs up.

My head is throbbing and I'm dizzy while trying to run up the stairs.
"Um are you okay?"my mom asks with a confused tone.
"Yeah um I'm fine." I answer
"Are you sure I can drive yo-
I cut her off yelling,
"I'm fine mom!!"
"Okay, well I love you bye I have to head to work early today. I have a meeting."she says while walking over to me.
"Here's a granola bar, eat it on the way to school." She tells me while handing me a granola bar. She then kisses my cheek and heads out.

While I'm driving to school I feel really light- headed and I start to feel nauseous . I take a bite of my granola bar which makes me feel worse. I'm already late for school so I may as well just miss first period. As I drive passed the treehouse Rachael and I used to play in, all these memories come flooding over me. All the times we laughed till we felt like we just ran a marathon, when we cried our eyes out together, told secrets, and gossiped. Looking back at the road I realised I had swerved into the other lane. It was to late. That semi came racing toward me like a bomb about to go off.

Then everything went white.