Chapter 9• The Dream

A few weeks after my sweet mothers traumatising funeral me and my dad sit at the dining room table to sad to talk. I lift myself slowly into my awful sidekick known as my wheelchair. I wheel myself into the bathroom right by the dining room where my father and I sat. I slam the door and lock it. I open the medicine cabinet and grab every pill bottle. I then empty all of them into a pile on the counter. Slowly taking them one by one, I finally finish a few minutes later. I can't handle my life anymore! I have tried to stay strong. I just can't any longer! I feel numb. I put the bottle back in the cabinet and slowly roll myself in my chair to the couch while I start to feel dizzy. I lift myself onto the couch and fall into a deep sleep.

"Sky! Get up! Skylyn White! Wake up!"
I open my eyes to Rachael yelling in my face and shaking me like a crazy person.
"Are you okay?"she asks me. I stretch my legs and look at her with a look of confusion.
"Finally! You have been randomly screaming, crying, and smiling really creepily in your sleep all night!
"Girls! Breakfast is ready!" My mom yells from upstairs.
I look down at my legs and stretch them out then look at her with the biggest smile and hug her.
"Are you okay?" She asks a little louder then last time. I jump out of bed and do the most awkward dance move I've ever done. She bursts into laughter and buries her head into her pillow.
"What are you doing?"she asks with a giggle. I sprint upstairs and hug my mom tighter then ever then run to my dad who is sitting at the table drinking coffee and kiss his forehead.
"Everything is okay!"I yell at him with a huge grin that makes me feel like a little kid. Rachael comes up stairs and yells one more time.
"Are you okay?!"
"Yes, I just had a really awful dream last night."I answer.