Chapter 4• "Anniversary"

When I got home I ran to my bedroom and couldn't hold it in any longer. I started to cry! I missed my best friend so much and all the feelings of last year rushed back into me like a tsunami.

After about an hour my mom came in and immediately knew what was wrong. She came and sat next to me on my bed and held me tight for what seemed liked ages but was really only a few minutes.
"Sky I know this is hard for you, but Caleb is waiting upstairs. He told me what happened and he feels bad and wants to talk to you. Should I tell him to leave Hun?"
As I wipe my tears I nod my head. She nods in return and kisses my forehead.
"Will you tell him I fell asleep?" I ask
"Of course."she says quietly.

A few hours passed and by then I had calmed down. While I'm listening to my favorite song on repeat I look up to see my dad standing in the doorway he smiles and says,
"Sky I am so sorry about earlier"
"Dad it's fine"
"Listen, you don't have to come to family night tonight. Your mother and I will understand."
"No, I want to. I want to get out of this house anyways." I say trying to sound happy.
"Okay, if you say so. We are leaving in thirty minutes k?"
"Where are we going?"I ask.
"Olive garden" he answers with a huge grin then walks out. I love Olive Garden! Their breadsticks are to die for!

I get up and put on a pair of my shorts which are Miss Me brand, and a turquoise, lacey blouse with a grey under shirt underneath. I slip my silver sandals with jewels on them on and fish tail my hair to the side of my head. Once I've finished my make-up and everything else I run upstairs to get in the car.

Once we arrive we get seated right away thanks to my dad for calling in for reservations. After the waitress introduces herself and tells us the special, we order breadsticks and drinks.

Once we receive them she takes our actual order. After I ordered I noticed Trey Small, Rachael's boyfriend, sitting with his family a few tables away. Trey has brown hair which is sort of shaggy and blue eyes just like mine. He's really kind and him and Racheal had been dating for two years before she disappeared. I zoned out on him accidentally and his sister seemed to notice. After I saw her whisper something to him then giggle he got up and started walking towards my table.
He sat right next to me since I was alone on my side of the table.
"Hi, Trey how are you? I haven't seen you in a while."my mom says.
"I am doing pretty good Mrs. White. How are you?" Trey responds.
"Great! Thank you!"

After my mom finishes greeting him he looks at me and says,
"Hey how are you holding up?"
"Perfect."I answer sarcastically
"Im sorry. It's awful! On the news they call it the anniversary of her dissapearance like its some kind of holiday!"he yells accidentally. He notices everyone
in the room is looking at us then he quiets down.
"Yeah, it's horrible. I can't help but feel like she will come back."I say. He nods in return and we all look at his little sister running towards us. She stops and says in the cutest voice ever,
"Tway, momma and daddy want you to come sit wit us. Yous food is wedy." When she finishes she smiles a huge smile that spreads from ear to ear showing her crooked teeth, then grabs his hand and drags him back.
"Bye!" He yells. I wave at him and then start eating the breadsticks. When my spaghetti arrived I ate slowly, which is unusual for me.