Chapter 18: "I'm here"

The rest of the drive was quiet, it was the first time after 5 years that they got into a car together with this kind of peaceful feeling between them. A relaxing music can be heard on the radio of the car where Kin and Kritt were driving. As they were getting near the venue of the press conference, Kritt couldn’t help but feel like his stomach is turning. The truth is he was so nervous at today’s agenda. It was because of his bad experiences on media in the past that it made him wary of any journalists and paparazzi and he developed a fear towards them.

He started fidgeting and was scrunching up his nose. He keeps on looking outside as if he was afraid someone would see them.
Kin noticed all of this and having known that Kritt only scrunches his nose when he’s uncomfortable, he decided to ask him what’s wrong. Kin parked the car at the venue’s garage and he turned to Kritt.

“Hey, are you okay?” Kin asked him as soon as they stopped the car but the latter just nodded and he continued to remove his seatbelt and went outside the car.

“I need to toughen up. I should stop fearing them. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this.” Kritt was hyping himself up even though his fear was evident on his face, making Kin to worry about him.

There were already medias and journalist waiting on them when they came at the venue. Kin and Kritt made their way at the waiting area as they waited for their parents and Nana to arrive. After a few minutes, the adults has arrived  and they started to go inside the venue. 

Kritt’s nervousness escalated when he saw everyone on the venue as they started seating in front of the media to start the conference. The microphones, the voices of people questioning them at the same time and the stares directed at them, all of these added a pressure on Kritt's fear.

Kin was sitting beside Kritt and he could feel that the other was feeling nervous and uncomfortable. So, he lightly shook his elbow to get his attention. Kritt looked at his side and he saw Kin with a serious expression.

“Kritt, are you okay? You seemed out of it.” Kin leaned in closer to him as he whispered to avoid others to hear what he said.

“I don’t think I can do this, Kin

“I don’t think I can do this, Kin. I-I want to get out now.” Kritt was starting to panic as he whispered back to Kin.

“Kritt, look at me.” Kin held Kritt at his shoulders forcing him to look at his eyes. “Just look at me okay, I’ll handle this. I’ll answer all of their question so don’t push yourself. If you’re uncomfortable, just tell me, okay? I’m here for you, Kritt.” Kin looked at Kritt as he assured him.

Kritt took a deep breath and he nodded at Kin.
The press conference went smoothly as the CEOs of both companies started their speech regarding the legacy and the effect of the merging of both companies to their partners, investors and the possibilities of new projects that the companies would do in the future.

After the speech, it was time for the open interview where the medias will get a chance to ask them questions. Almost all the questions where directed to the couple and Kin was always the one answering it.
The questions were about their plans in the future , the venue of the wedding which Kin answered that it would be a private wedding exclusive for their families only, their new responsibilities as the new heir of the biggest companies in Thailand; all of these questions were smoothly answered by Kin, making Kritt to look at him with astonishment.