Chapter 10

Troy's POV

"Are you ready for the shift?" Mom asks me. "I dont know. What can I do to prepare for the shift?" I ask her. "Ohh honey just eat enought to have sufficient energy for the shift." Mom tells me. With some chicken in mouth,"Mom why did Nick shift first?" "Troy, when babies are born only one comes out at a time." "Mom gross, I am eating. Please." "I'm just answering your question. So as I was saying, one kid at a time. Nick was out first so he shifted first. You were out after that so you shift now." Mom answers me. "Yeah, well it was getting very crowded inside so I kicked him out." I joked while popping a fry in my mouth and a wave of pain shooted through my body. I looked at the moon outside the window and felt a pull. 

"Roy! Its time." Mom shouted. And I was rushed out to the forest. Pain was spreading from my hand to my legs. I could feel the cracking of my bones and then I heard a snap, my left hand had broken. I was on my knees due to the excrutiating pain. "Troy! think about Nick! Just concentrate on Nick!" Dad yelled and I did as he told. Nick! Nick! Nick!Nick! There was more snapping but the pain was lesser. Nicl Nick! Nick! I opened my eyes and took a step forward. I was on all fours now. My paws were dark brown. I looked at Zack. He was seeing me with so much awww. He came closer to me and I stepped towards him. He raised his hand to pat me and electricicty flowed through me at the contact. And then a new rush of pain went through me. I stared at the moon and howled. And then I took another step and my paws were silver. I looked at mom and dad. They had a content look on their face. I saw Luke and he was in an defensive stance. Nick and Zack were just shocked. 

'Hi, I am Skylar, your wolf. You can call me Skye. I have been waiting for you to shift so we could officially meet. Now lets go for a run. I'll guide you throughtout your life. I am like a 2 in 1 deal. Your best friend and advisor in one.' I started running into the forest. That was quite an introduction. I am Troy and thanks a lot. 'Since this is your first run you need to know that your senses will be heightened. You can hear more and smell more.' I stopped when she said that and put my new senses to use. I heard some footsteps, they came to a stop. I could smell Moonflower and freshly baked cookies.'Troy calm down. You need not be defensive. Its just Zack and Nick.' How do you know? 'Before you shifted I was still in you. And well we have a special bond with them so I know its them' Explain this to me later, properly. Now lets go back. 

We ran back home. And I just stood in front of mom. I didnt know how to shift back so I tried asking but all that came out were barks. "Honey just think about yourself as a human. But before that go behind the tree. Your dad wouldnt be happy if the boys saw you naked. Some clothes are kept there." She giggled. I walked behind the tree in the forest. I shut my eyes and imagined myself as a human. When I opened my eyes I was on two feet and buck naked. I quicky grabbed the clothes my mom kept there. I pulled on the trackpants and the oversized tee she had left and ran back to the house. Everyone was in the living room.

"Since you have shifted aswell we want to tell you both about the werewolf world." Dad tells Nick and me as I make my way to the couch. "We should get going. Come on buddy." Luke tells Zack."Stay. Both of you just wait in the dining room. Troy would need to have a word with Zack after we tell her everything and Luke we need to discuss about our packs." Mom tells them. 

"Now listen carefully. I have been waiting for so long to have this conversation but its too long to repeat. So dont interrupt my flow." mom tells us excitedly. "Okay. So basically we are all werewolves. Wolves stay in packs and have a well established structured system of living. We have the Alpha's the head of the pack, the Beta's second in command and the Delta is the third in command. These are all hereditary. We are of the Alpha bloodline, the strongest among all the wolves but you both are even more stronger given the fact you are twins. Twins are rare in the werewolf community. The last set of twins were born in 1784 and they were the strongest living species. They survived the war between species and manged to have a peace treaty between all species. Going off-topic, so basically we believe that you both have  a special twin bond between the two of you and that's what makes you stronger. We don't know much about the bond but will figure it out along with the two of you. Like in movies you don't shift every full moon, but you do feel the urge to shift so you could just give in. We have a bond with the moon. So the phase of the moon affects us. Now to the fun part. The Moon Goddess pairs the two most compatible wolves with each other. You feel special and complete with your mates. There is a special bond between  mates and you feel sparks and excitement every time you are with them. This is the best feeling ever and the best thing about being mates and being werewolves. I guess that's it from my side the end of the story, now your dad will tell you the rest." Mom finishes and looks to Dad to start."Your mom covered the most of it I'll just cover some other on ground things. Our pack is called the Blood Moon Pack. We are the strongest living pack and due to that we are the Alpha king and queen instead of just Alpha and Luna. But there is a stronger pack than us. Their Alpha and Luna were our best friends. We had a treaty when they had to leave to attend to the Moon Goddess. We are co-packs now. They are called Silver Knight Pack and their Alpha is Zack. But just like you he shifted recently and Luke is the temporary Alpha as he is new to the whole werewolf thing. We'll have a ceremony next weekend and introduce you to the pack. You can go talk to Zack. We know you want to and need to. Your mom will tell you more about the mate bond later."

As he finished I got up and went to Zack. I hugged him and felt sparks. "You are my mate." I told him looking at up at his face, still embraced in his arms. "I was wondering when you would figured." he joked and pulled away. I felt incomplete without the contact we had so I hugged him again. " Hey! Hey! No PDA in front of others!" Luke says in a disgusted way. This time I pulled away and blushed a bright shade of red at that comment. "We need to talk. Let's go the park after school tomorrow." Zack says the last part shyly. "Are you asking me out?" I asked him with a light blush creeping on my cheeks. "Maybe?" He says mischeviously. 

Please Vote. Do not be anonymous readers. 

Thanks for reading :D