Chapter 6

Troy's POV

After learning that Nick was adopted and the whole story how he was sacrificed made me sad and I gave him a bear hug. We were heading towards my car when we heard growls from the back of the park in the forest. Without even thinking I run towards the sound . What I see is unbelievable. A huge wolf growling at Luke and Luke is just standing there and smirking. I just turn to see where Nick was and when I turned back instead if the wolf there was Zack standing there behind the bushes without a shirt on. I couldn't even register what had happened. By the time I convinces myself that I was just hallucinating. I was in the car. Nick dragged me put of there. I guess he didnt see what had happened and thought of nothing unusual there other than some wild animal.

Zack's POV

After lunch I went home to change and grab a snack. My aunt was home so I had to do some chores before going to the park. Finally after everything was done I left for the park.

'Bye Auntie!' 'Bye Zack.' She replied calmly. I shut the door behind me and head to my bike. I put my leg over it and sat. Then I zipped my jacket and put on my helmet.  After this I put the key into ignition and zoomed to the park.

I reached the park and it was almost dark. There was no one there at that time except for a couple by the swings. 'Hey! Are you still here?' I question in my head to that voice.'Finally. You showed up.' ' Where are you? We need to talk.' 'Well you have come at the right time. Come behind the bushes towards the forest. I am waiting.' Silently I went to the venue the voice told me to. 

'Luke?! What are you doing here?' I exclaimed. 'Aah. Finally. Zack. I was the one who called you here.' He replied in a hoarse voice. Then I realised how stupid I was that I couldnt put a face to the voice. Luke's voice. 'I need answers Luke.' 'You will get them all by yourself in about a minute.' 'What happens in a minute?' ' The moon...' I felt this pain running through my body. My bones were hurting. My spine arched. I was forced to look up at the moon. The beauty of the moon made me so crazy. And then it stop hurting. I try to look at Luke for an explanation but he is just looking at me and smirking. I ask him 'what the hell happened?' but all I heard was a loud growl and his smirk grew. I looked down and I was on all fours. 'WHAT IS WRONG??!!'  I tried to ask him in my mind how we normally talked before. 'Dont worry you arent going to be like this forever.' 'Then how do I turn back?' 'Just imagine yourself on to legs, as a human, think about some of your human emotion.' Those eyes. Her smile. Troy! I can smell her cherry hair. She is here. I open my eyes and I am back to being a human. ' Here put this on. You ripped your clothes when you shifted.' He said while tossing a pair of shorts to me. 'Troy's here. I can smell her.' I say. I look around but I cant see her. 'But I cant see her. Where is she?'I ask. 'Dont worry. After you shift your senses are heightened. You can smell her even if she is somewhere far away.' ' Ohhkay...So now do you care to explain all of this.' 'Zack. Zack. Zack, Remember a few days ago you felt the urge to howl and run in the woods, well all of this is related.' 'LUKE! GIVE.ME.THE.ANSWERS.IN.PLAIN.ENGLISH.NOWW!!' I spoke with a lot of anger in my voice. 'Okay now calm down. I will tell you everything at the pack house. Come with me.' Luke answered.'Pack house?' 'Well you will know now.'

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke's POV

'Luke have a seat. You need to calm down first. It might be dangerous if you shift here.' I tell him once we reach the  pack house. 'Alright. But now do you care to give me an explanation?' He asked in a cocky manner. 'Okay so now I will tell you a few things. You need to open minded and absorb it. Please dont interrupt in between.' I state 'Okay' He nods. So I begin...

'Zack, you are a werewolf.' I paused to let him understand what I am talking about.' You are one of the powerful werewolves. Your fur is pure black with no specks of any other colour. That shows how powerful you are. You are born to be the Alpha of our pack. Your father was the most powerful Alpha and his mate, your  mother was our Luna. Alpha is the head of the pack. He takes care of the pack. The Alpha is responsible of the pack's safety and well being. He is the one who takes all the important decisions about the pack, like the punishment for defaulters, treaties and some such other stuff. Under the Alpha their are other posts. All these posts are hereditary. It passed down from father to son and in some cases even the daughter. The basic heirarchy is as follows.' I pick up the marker and write on the board behind me. 'Alpha-Luna' under them 'Beta and his mate' under them 'Gamma and his mate' followed by 'pack warriors, pack doctors,pack advisors' 'Besides these there are also other posts in the pack. Like the teacher, cook etc. A pack is like a community. It is self sufficient at most times. Wolves stay in packs because their strength increses with numbers.' I stop to drink some water. 'What about ma...?' I raise my hand indicating Zack to pause. 'I am not done yet. Mates. They are like soul mates in human terms. Basically the Moon Goddess the strongest she wolf who sacrificed herself for her pack pairs two wolves who are the most compatible in every way. What she does is pairing but what the wolves feel is a bond. A strong tug towards their mate when the time is right. Mates are always perfect for each other. Due to the bond they are almost equivalant to one person. But they can also be rejected. Rejection is the worst feeling a wolve can ever go through. It is worse than being shot in the chest a dozen times and so is cheating. When one wolve cheats the other almost breaks apart. They can feel what their other half can feel. And the last thing is that I am your dad's advisor and the temporary Alpha. I am going to train you until you are ready to take upon your title. About your parents. They arent as young as you think. They are one of the oldest wolves and also the wisest and the strongest. Dues to this they had been invited to the castle of the Moon Goddess along with my parents to be her ministers. They are very well alive but only the supernatural could travel to heaven alive. Since we both hadnt turned yet they had to leave us behind. Finally I am not that old either. I am just five years older to you even though I may not look so because wolves stop aging after a certain age. Welcome back to the pack Zack!' I wrap it up finally. Filling him up with every detail he needs to know for now.