We're Going Through Changes (Part 2)

**(continued from the last chapter)**

He starts stroking slowly for a few minutes before gradually speeding up into an average steady rhythm.

“Tell me what you want, Sher. I want to hear you say it.” John says in a husky voice.

“I want … I want you to … faster.” Sherlock stammers, trying to focus on the ability to speak.

“As you wish.” John grins, speeding up until his hand seems to become numb and Sherlock's writhing, trying not to scream.

“John. God. Oh, fuck. Jesus, John.” Sherlock moans breathlessly.

And the obscenity of Sherlock actually swearing causes John to moan in reply, feeling his jeans tighten until they're impossibly uncomfortable.

“That's it, Sher. Let go, darlin'. Just let it go.” John replies, his voice softening into an almost whisper.

“John, I ... I’m gonna … John.” Sherlock moans, fists gripping the sofa hard enough to turn his knuckles white.

Sherlock comes hard with an ear-piercing scream of John's name, his whole body rising off the couch before collapsing back onto it again.

“So beautiful. Gorgeous. Sexy. Amazing.” John replies, laying quick kisses to Sherlock's face.

“Don't you … I need to … What about you?” Sherlock finally stammers out, breathlessly.

John moves Sherlock's hand to his crotch and Sherlock can feel the dampness of where John has already come.

“Uh, wow.” Sherlock moans at the feel and throws his head back with a loud groan.

“Tired?” John asks softly, stroking Sherlock's cheek.

“Very. But, well worth it. Thank you … You were right.”

“Right about what?” John asks, giving Sherlock a quizzical look.

“What you said before. I would let you break me. But only you. No one else. Because I don't want anyone else to have that opportunity.” Sherlock replies softly, looking John in the eyes.

“I'm sorry. I warned you that I might push you too far and I have. Sherlock, I'm so sorry.” John whispers softly, tears stinging his eyes.

“I don't want you to be sorry, John. I want you to … Well, I just want you. And I want you to want me too.” Sherlock almost snaps, hating confessing his feelings so openly.

“Of course I want you, sweetheart. I want everything about you. Your impossibly beautiful mind, your elegant body, your unusual soul but most of all, I want your beating heart. Because I know it beats inside that chest of yours and it's not just a block of ice like you'd have the world believe. I want you. Everything about you.” John smiles softly, laying down next to Sherlock.

“I could own you. I could break you just as easily as you could break me. Except I know I could do more damage, John.” Sherlock whispers, his voice threatening to break.

“But I know you won't. I know you wouldn't do that to me. I know you.”

“Good.” Sherlock simply replies, curling up into John's side. “I'm tired, John.”

“Then sleep, my love. I'll be here when you wake.” John replies, kissing Sherlock's forehead and dragging the throw off the back of the couch to cover over them and give them back some of their modesty.

x..x

For the two hours Sherlock sleeps, John does not. He goes over in his head what he said to Sherlock before and after their moment on the couch. He nearly breaks down as the conversation echoes in his head.

“Look at you, just begging for it. Have you ever fantasised about this, Sher? Is this what you imagined? Me on top of you on the couch? Ripping your clothes off and making you breathless in anticipation? Me making you moan my name when I touch you? You're so beautiful like this. Panting and begging like a wanton little virgin. It's such a turn on, Sher. I want you like this all the time. I want to break you and put you back together, over and over again. And you'd let me, wouldn't you?”

John nearly sobs at how badly he spoke to Sherlock. He treated him like some crude sex toy; someone he could just abuse and then leave without a second thought. Sherlock is certainly more than that to John. John's actually fell in love with this man. Something he thought wasn't possible after Mary.

“I would let you break me. But only you. No one else. Because I don't want anyone else to have that opportunity.”

This man really would let John break him. And it would break John. He never meant to let himself fall in love with him. It was just supposed to be a flat-share. Somewhere were there wouldn't be horrible memories of what he'd lost. But for some reason, God decided he should fall in love with his flatmate.

“I'm sorry. I warned you that I might push you too far and I have. Sherlock, I'm so sorry.”

“I don't want you to be sorry, John. I want you to … Well, I just want you. And I want you to want me too.”

“Of course I want you, sweetheart. I want everything about you. Your impossibly beautiful mind, your elegant body, your unusual soul but most of all, I want your beating heart. Because I know it beats inside that chest of yours and it's not just a block of ice like you'd have the world believe. I want you. Everything about you.”

John had known what he was saying. He knew that he wanted this man more than, possibly, life itself. He wants every part of him and it makes his heart clench that Sherlock would actually let him take it all.

“I could own you. I could break you just as easily as you could break me. Except I know I could do more damage, John.”

It's possible that they could own each other. Both demanding something that the other can't give. They could just as easily destroy each other. Was that really good for a relationship?

“But I know you won't. I know you wouldn't do that to me. I know you.”

John's mind focuses on what he said in reply to Sherlock's confession and he can't help the nagging feeling there.

Does he know that Sherlock wouldn't break him? How can he be so sure of that? Sherlock is an impossible human being and can do anything when he puts that brilliant mind of his to it. Maybe he could break the doctor. Maybe he could be the only person in this world possible of doing so and walking away unscathed.

Maybe he could quite easily be the death of me.

That last thought hovers in John's mind as his body gives into exhaustion and finally allows him to sleep.