Meeting The Family (Part 2)

(Snippet from An Unlikely Romance - Sherlock and Mycroft's argument that led to the slap)

I thought having a baby around might grow you up eventually. Apparently not.” Mycroft says, looking down his nose at his brother.
“I'm not the the child here, Mycroft.” Sherlock snaps, stepping forward to challenge his brother.
“Ha, still trying to score cheap points, brother mine.” Mycroft just barely manages not to growl back.
“Cheap points? You mean like you, parading Lestrade's niece around like a prize bull? If she wasn't pregnant with a child then you wouldn't care.” Sherlock growls, getting right into his brother's face.
“Enough!” Mycroft yells, raising his hand in warning.
“You wouldn't dare, Mycroft.” Sherlock sneers, grinning at his brother.
“After all, you wouldn't want Lestrade to see you lose your temper, he might see the real you.”
“Sherlock.” Mycroft growls, just barely containing his anger, which admittedly has been getting ever more harder to do with his little brother.
“How will you manage with a child, Mycroft? You can barely contain your anger around me. A child will be even more trouble to handle.” Sherlock scoffs, blatantly antagonising his brother.
“Yes, well, I've had plenty of practice with you, haven't I? I know my boiling point thanks to you, you insufferable child.”
“You'll lose control in no time with a child around all the time. And then Lestrade will see what the real Ice Man looks like. Do you think he'll stick around? Do you think he'll want to be stuck with you until death do you part?” Sherlock yells, his eyes practically gleaming in delight.
Unfortunately, Sherlock's delight is short-lived as an ear-piercing crack resounds in the room and the detective nearly falls back with the force of it.