Chapter 9: The Royal Return

Apple's POV

I woke up early today and the things that happened that day still kept replaying on my mind. It is still breaking my heart but I knew I had to keep up my reputation so I went to castleteria like nothing happened, although Raven already knew what happened I still pretended that that day never happened, suddenly I received a message from an unknown fairyphone number "I know I shouldn't be hexting you but I just thought you should know that I'm coming back to school tomorrow" without second guessing I already knew that the message belonged to Darling "She still remembers my number huh?" I went to castleteria to have my breakfast there I saw Raven and as any other day she invited me over to her table and we had our breakfast together.

After breakfast I went to my locker to get some of my books from princessology class
As I was on my way to class I bumped into Daring we made an awkward eye contact "Hey uhm, Apple can we talk later?" I have to admit I still kind if hate him for telling on us but I also had a feeling it has something to do with Darling coming back here "Yeah sure, I should get going tho... don't wanna be late in class" I said smiling at him. He handed me my books then we both walk separate ways as we go to our classes.

After class I saw Raven and she was waving at me, I waved back at her and smiled then she walked toward me "Hey Apple!" She said smiling at me "How are you holding up?" She asked and honestly I'm not feeling okay at all. I miss her so much and even if I kept trying to forget her, she's the person that I could only think of "I'm fine Raven, just a little tired I guess" "Hey, I heard you and Daring are getting back together.... is that true?" right I forgot that everyone thinks that Dare and I got back together since we've been hanging out after Darling left "Nope, Dare and I are just friends and besides I think he's better off with Rosabella, they look cute together... don't you think?" I smiled at Raven "What about you and Darling, I heard she's coming back tomorrow. did you know about that?" I tried avoiding that question but I already knew that sooner Raven is gonna ask me something about Darl.

"Yeah uh- Daring mentioned it but I didn't know it'll be tomorrow" Raven looked at me a little worried "Are you sure you're okay Apple?" she asked, I didn't want to be rude to her but I still ignored her question "We should get ready for our next class, wouldn't want to fail our fairy potions class" I said faking another smile.

As we went to potions class I got seated beside Daring and as usual we were a little awkward to each other "Hey Apple" He said smiling at me "Can you please pass me that beaker" I asked and he did as I ask him. We finished mixing our potions and luckily Professor Rumpelstilskin didn't give anyone a fairy fail and we all passed our potions test. "CLASS DISMISSED!!! You may have passed once but I will make sure you won't pass all the other tests!! HAHAHAHAHA" Professor Rumpelstilskin yelled and laughed maniacly at each one of us then we all left the room.

"What a day! I can't believe Professor Rumpelstilskin made us take extra homeworks today right after our test" I said while putting back some of my books in my locker "Hey did you know that Darling is coming back tomorrow?" Briar asked "Hey Apple, aren't you glad that she'll be back?" "Ashlynn, Of course I am so hexcited that she's coming back, I just have a lot of homework to do... I can't fail another class"

Of course I wanted to see her, hex I even want to hug her and go to her welcome back party but after what happened I think it'll be much better if I don't see her for a while.

Darling's POV

I am so hexcited to get back to Ever After High, I thought Daring told on us but I guess he didn't say anything about me and Apple. I sooo want to see her again but everything I have said to her is too harsh, UGH!! I am regretting everything that I have told her that day! I hope she's doing alright.

I have already packed my things getting ready for my return to Ever After High and I know I still have a few more hours but I just can't wait to see my friends again! As the clock strikes 6 o'clock I immediately fixed my hair and dress to make sure I looked very presentable to my parents, the last thing I would do is to disapoint them with my unladylike behavior.