𝐢𝐱.Quidditch Cup Winners

CHAPTER 09,Quidditch Cup Winners(So You Do Have a Soul)──────────may, 1992

CHAPTER 09,
Quidditch Cup Winners
(So You Do Have a Soul)
──────────
may, 1992

   MALFOY LOST TWENTY POINTS to Slytherin after being caught out of bed at one o'clock in the morning.

   Though the Slytherins could deal with it as they've earned points in the Hufflepuff versus Slytherin match a week prior, earning a lead in both the Quidditch Cup and House Cup.

   (They won 270:0 for Slytherin. Meaning Gryffindor would need at least 400 points to win; or Ravenclaw would have to earn 540 points.)

   For which they've to thank Harry, his friend Hermione and another Gryffindor boy who altogether managed to lose hundred and fifty points by also being out of bed after curfew, having been caught by McGonagall.

   Lia explained to Mikaela that Harry and Hermione were disposing of a dragon that Hagrid acquired recently. Giving it to Charlie Weasley who stopped by secretly, knowing he'd take care of Hagrid's dragon. ("I'm glad I decided to stay behind with Ron. The nasty looks they now get from the others are just horrible.")

   Malfoy wanted to catch them, but McGonagall got to him sooner. And luckily for him, he only lost twenty points and docked himself a detention with the three Gryffindors.

   Besides, barely anyone dares being rude to Malfoy, so he gets the easy way out for being Lucius Malfoy's son. Being a brat really can get to one's head sometimes.

   Mikaela stares at Wood, watching him try and make sense of the making process of the Befuddlement Draught. She gathered the ingredients a while ago, and now she realises that maybe, she should've let Wood get the ingredients while she'd work out how to make the potion.

   Wood chews on his bottom lip, constantly running his hand through his hair. He looks handsome like that. Though Mikaela doesn't let her mind wander for long. A frustrated sigh leaves his lips as he struggles to understand the text.

   "I can help, you know-" the Song girl offers.

   She doesn't even know why, but watching Wood reading the instructions over and over again makes her pity the boy. It's quite a painful sight.

   Wood shakes his head, refusing to accept Mikaela's help, and she sighs, rolling her eyes at the stubborn Gryffindor.

   "We need to finish this potion by the end of this lesson, Wood," she tells him, using her authoritative voice. "And we're supposed to work together. Don't give Snape more reasons to gloat."