Part 4: Niall

When I first thought about moving to England, I never thought I'd end up getting peer pressured into Irish dancing in a room with two dozen other boys all laughing at me, but here I was. One minute, it was like all the attention was on me and my size 8 feet, the next, I was realizing I still didn't have any friends.

I didn't expect to have any, it was the first day after all. But it was still strange seeing everyone on the team getting into groups and pairs to drive and walk each other home. I mean, at least I had my mum, to pick me up, right?

>>>>

"So, I see you've made friends with that Harold lad. What's he like?", Louis said, practically stuffing his face with his spicy chicken wings. "Oh, you mean Harry? He's alright.", I responded. "You know, he looks so different from last year, back then he looked like a lil' skeeze." I started practically dying in laughter for a second, then stopped because I got self conscious. I didn't want people to think I was weird already.

"Does he like parties? Cause you can take him with you tonight.", Eleanor suggested,"The more the merrier, am I right?" Louis' eyes practically rolled backwards into his head. "Um I dunno, I'd have to ask him.", I muttered.

"Alrighty then. Louis, move your stuff so I can sit on your lap.", she demanded. "Do I have to?", Louis groaned. "Unless you want to share a seat with Liam, I think you can pick up those damn books, move them, and let your lovely girlfriend have a seat, thanks."

Now this was awkward. Forget Irish dancing in the locker rooms.

When Liam walked up to the table, I struggled not to burst out laughing. He looked like a mushroom with this new perm of his. Justin Bieber gone curly. What else was new?

"Hey guys, hey Niall." I gave him a nod. He didn't speak the rest of lunch. I found it weird. Harry had told me that Liam was best friends with Louis. So why didn't he talk to him?

>>>>

I didn't see Liam at the party, or Harry. Harry was the one that wanted me to stay with him so that he wouldn't be embarrassed hanging out alone all night. Where the hell was he?

I was looking around for him, hopelessly.  Everyone else probably thought I had gone mad, but I didn't care. I didn't want to believe that my only friend had stood me up.

There he was. But with, Louis? The guy he said was an asswhole and not to hang out with? And now he was hanging out with him. Unbelievable. After one day, he betrayed me. Now I was all alone, feeling sorry for myself. What a dick.

He was probably going in that room with him to talk shit about, me too. This was embarrassing.

>>>>

I decided to hang around the team for a while, hopelessly. They were all going on about God knows what. It was mostly laughing I seemed to overhear. Liam and I weren't really involved in the conversation. We just sat there, passing a blunt back and forth. I felt so innocent having to admit it was my first time. Liam didn't think I was totally uncool, though. He didn't seem phased.

"I LIKE DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK!", a voice screamed while sounding closer and louder with every second. Oh, lord. There was he was. A drink in each hand, letting the words loose. What the hell had Harry gotten himself into?

I shot up from my seat. Everyone was laughing, but I didn't care. I didn't care about what Harry had done. I didn't care about the things he told me. He needed help.

"Harry, c-calm down now. Here lemme take those drinks for yah. Take a deep breath, put your other shirt sleeve on.", I told him, I didn't know what else to do. How was he supposed to get home like this? He couldn't just stay at Eleanor's house.

"Leave him, I've got it under control, Neil."It was like Louis appeared as if from no where. He put an arm around Harry as he helped him waddle away from the crowd, out the door, and I'm guessing into his car.

What a night.

>>>>

After Sunday school, I went up to Liam. "Hey, did you see what happened last night?", I asked, although I already knew the answer. "Um...yeah. About that-" ,he started. "-Louis thought it would be best if we didn't tell Harry what happened...at the party."

"What even did happen? He seemed so-like innocent when I met him, ya know?", I said. "That was just so unexpected of him, to be running 'round so drunk."

"Niall! You're one to talk, we're not supposed to be using that kind of language here. C'mon be a good little church boy.", he teased, chuckling.

"Yeah, well. Not everyone lives up to every rule in here, now do they?", I asked. "Yeah I know, I was just messing with you. I probably know better than anyone here that people don't follow rules like that.", He replied.

I raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean?" He leaned in and gestured for me to come closer. "I'm lost my virginity two summers ago.", He whispered.

I leaned my face back and looked at him with extremely wide eyes. "What?!", I hollered. "Shh", he laughed. "Anyways do you want to come over to my place after church and play Xbox?", He offered. "Um yeah, sure. I'll ask my mum. Thanks." He smiled.

Hey guys! Remember to vote and comments. Lmk what you thought of this chapter. Ik this one was a little shorter but not all of the chapters will be the same length. Some might be short, some might be longer than others. And I apologize for releasing this chapter a few days late, I had some things going on and I am currently trying to better my mental health, so thanks for understanding. X