Chapter 2-1: "The 'New Guy' in Town" (Side- Fantasy)

I woke up early the next morning. My plan today for this high school is not only to leave a strong impression, but to see what the reaction will be when I actually clean up Riku Reality's body. It's currently 5:30 a.m., so I have about two hours to clean up this body.

The first thing I do is go on a quick, 30-minute jog to wake myself up. I've already left to explore the city several times, so I've already got the perfect route memorized. I don't run into any trouble, so as soon as I return home, I hop into the shower and clean myself thoroughly, but quickly. My shower takes maybe 15 minutes and I spend another 30 minutes "prettying myself up" and getting ready for school.

"The uniform is as bland as ever, but I'll have to make it work." I loosen the tie around my neck and unbutton the first button of the white-button up as I walk into the kitchen. I make myself a quick breakfast of eggs, bacon, and toast and eat it just as quickly. I check the time; 7:15 a.m., and I've got just enough time to walk to school and make it on time.

I wash the few dishes I've made and rush out the door with my school bag in hand. I don't walk too slow or too fast. I'm only trying to make it to school on time, not be a goody-two shoes who shows up early. As I arrive, I can hear the bell ring for the students to start heading to class. I'm secretly hoping that a certain group of delinquents decides to try and make me late however.

Just as I predicted, there's a group of rough looking teenagers waiting by the locker number Reality told me last night. "Well well well, look what the cat dragged in!" One of the more rambunctious looking delinquents says. There's five in total, which won't be hard for me to make a statement out of.

At first, I tried to simply ignore them. It's my personal way of giving any kind of bully a warning. "The cold shoulder again huh? Since when did you grow the balls to ignore us?" The one at the center says with a growl. It's obvious he's the head of the group, so taking him down would probably shut the rest of these guys up. Unfortunately for them, I'm going to make an impact on everyone who's looked down on my alternate.

Considering the fact that we aren't getting much attention, it becomes apparent that Riku wasn't lying about this being a common occurrence. We do get a couple glances and I hear a few whispers about my appearance, but to everyone who's walking away, I'm about to freeze you in your tracks with my next statement. "I grew the balls to ignore you when I learned there was nothing to fear from the losers without any balls." I state with a blank expression, not even looking at them as I put my backpack away in Riku's locker.

"The fuck did you just say?!" The rambunctious one shouts again and the bullies move in to surround me. It's hard to see, but everyone's eyes are on us now.

"Bingo." I think to myself before looking up to meet the head honcho's glare.

"You've got a lot of nerve to say an insult like that to our faces, Riku." He gives a menacing chuckle. My poker face doesn't even twitch though.

"Oh? Insult? I'm sorry, I didn't think that stating a fact would make you feel insulted." I hold up my hands slightly and smile playfully.

"You little..!" The guy grabs the collar of my shirt and pulls me up slightly. "Do you know who you're messing with or do ya?!"

"Uhhh, nope. Not a clue." The fact that I'm not technically lying makes this situation all the more hilarious for me.

"So you're trying to get smart with me huh..?" He says with a light growl in his voice.

"Yes, that's why I go to school. Maybe you dumbasses would be a little smart if you actually went to class instead of picking on people who are as small as your dicks." I smirk mockingly and it's clear our audience thinks that I've lost it. In actuality, I'm perfectly calm, while the group of five around me have officially had enough.