Chapter 6: A Decision of Life and Death

Logan stared at his wrist for a few minutes, completely confused with what he was seeing. What the hell could this possibly mean? Never in his life has he seen a dark red vein... on anything. Needless to say, he was concerned... but he wasn't a doctor or anything so he couldn't do anything if he wanted to. He let out a quiet sigh and covered his wrist with his sleeve, trying to push it to the back of his mind.

He left the bathroom, seeing Loona laying down on one of the beds while playing around on her phone boredly. She glanced up from her phone when she noticed Logan exiting the bathroom.

"Jeez dude, took you long enough. Did you jerk off in there too or somethin'?" Loona asked boredly as she looked back at her phone.

Logan looked at Loona, rolling his eyes. "No... I just had more wounds than I thought." He replied, trying to hide his worry about the red vein on his wrist.

"Mhm." Loona replied uncaringly, though... she still was split on her choices to leave Logan or stay with him...

Logan let out a sigh and sat down on the other bed. "So... um... we rest up then get going in the morning or something?" He asked curiously as he layed down on the bed.

Loona thought for a moment, about this choice she had to make... but she decided to have him make the decision. "Look dude, I just got a call. Our client went back on the deal, you're not our target anymore. So that means you can go do whatever, I don't give a fuck anymore." She said with her uncaring attitude, though in her mind... she did care.

Logan was surprised to hear that and glanced over at Loona. "Seriously? You'd just let me go now huh?"

Loona rolled her eyes. "Yeah, like I said, I don't give a fuck anymore. Hell leave right now if you want to, I won't try to stop you." She replied uncaringly.

This only confused him. Loona went through all that trouble for nothing? "Hm... so what will you do?" He asked curiously.

Loona shrugged. "Go home I guess." She said with a sigh, she definitely wasn't excited to go back to I.M.P and return to her boring receptionist job. If she was being honest... this was the most exciting two days that she's had in a very long time.

Logan nodded to that, thinking about what he should do from here if Loona was really letting him go.

Loona noticed that Logan was having a hard time to decide and she rolled her eyes. "You can spend the night here with me if you want, decide in the morning once you've had some rest." She said, putting her phone away as she reached over, turning off the bedroom lamp before getting comfortable on her bed, turning over on her side so that her back was facing him.

He glanced over at Loona with slight confusion. "Wait... if I chose to stay with you... you'd be cool with that?" He asked, clearly not believing that.

A small smile formed on Loona's face as she thought about Logan staying with her, but she couldn't explain why. Luckily Logan couldn't see it. "Get some sleep dude." She replied, clearly ignoring the question.

Logan remained silent for a moment before letting out a quiet sigh, getting comfortable on his bed. He was extremely tired after everything that's happened, so he fell asleep pretty quickly, deciding that he should just make this choice tomorrow.

-

The next morning was... odd for Logan. He woke up with a splitting headache and he had the weirdest dream. All that he saw in this dream was red. Nothing but red. He sat up on his bed and rubbed his eyes, letting out a yawn as he thought about this dream.

Glancing over at Loona, he saw that she was still sleeping. He ignored his headache and began thinking about his choice... but he realized that if he went alone, he'd have absolutely no idea what he was doing, and would likely be dead very quickly in the very unforgiving pits of hell. And also, she was probably the only person he knew that could help him get back home. He made his choice.