Chapter 24

Adyson

It was Jackson. The boy that stole my heart, then tore it to shreds. Nothing, and I repeat, nothing, could ever make me forgive him.

"Hey Adyson!" He called

I huffed and turned around. "What's wrong? Is that little Hayes boy annoying yet?" He smirked

"Nothing can possibly be more ignorant and irrelevant than you." I snapped. "Whoa, calm down. I was ju-" I cut him off

"Don't tell me to calm down. You don't own me." I raised an eyebrow. "You've gotten sassier. Whose been in your pants?" "Clearly not you because you still can't get a girl." I snapped again.

"I think we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I apologize-" I cut him off again "Jackson, no apology can ever cover up what you did."

"I know and I'm trying to-" "Just stop. Go away." I said

And with that, he walked away.

Aja

No. How? Why? What did I do to deserve this? Why couldn't I have got someone else.

Just my luck.

Sammy and I were partners for a school project. Wonderful.

I read over the rubric.
"All students must do the project on their free time. No project will be accepted if it has been worked on in class, unless addressed otherwise. This project counts as half of your final grade."
One more reason to love my history teacher.

Hey

Hi

Ready to work on the project?

As ready as I'll ever be, I guess.

Come over at 3:45.

Alright. See you then.

I sighed. Do it for the grade, do it for the grade.

I only had about fifteen minutes to get to Sammys, so I decided to go by Starbucks. Since I'm feeling generous, I got him something too.

This was gonna be one long evening.

I finally got to his house, and knocked on the door, something I've learned from the last incident.

"Hey." He said. "Hey." I echoed

"Is that for me?" He asked, referring to the starbucks. "Yeah, here." I handed him his drink.

"So let's get started on the project."

I sat in the living room, and read the directions.
"Make a map of the globe and point out major religious in the area. Write a paragraph (15-20 sentences) describing each of them." Sammy read

"Why I love history." I laughed. "I feel you."

After about an hour and a half of working, we decided to take a break. We finished the globe and three of the religions, with their paragraphs. Talk about death.

"Aja, come here." Sammy said. I walked over to him. "I need one more of these." He spun me towards him and planted his lips on mine.

I stood there in shock for a few seconds before kissing back.

"Is it official again?" Sammy smiled. "Official." I replied.

Get home now. I need to talk to you about something.

"My dad just texted me. I have to go." I said. "Okay, bye." Sammy said walking me out.

I wonder what dad wants.

_______
_______

I haven't updated in like centuries, and I kind forgot how to write. Oops. But I'll try to update later this week or this weekend.

Comment Vote

💋