Chapter 5

Sammy's POV

Madison is so hot. I know there are rumors that she's a slut, but it's all fake. She's amazing. I'm over Aja. She's too rich and she rubs it in people's faces.

"Hey~ M"

"Hey babe ;)~ S"

"We can't talk anymore:(~ M"

"What?! Why?!~ S"

"I have a boyfriend. He's the quarterback on the football team~ M"

"Oh. Bye.~ S"

Well, my plan backfired. Maybe Madison is a slut. I decided to call Shawn and tell him he was right about her.

"Come over we need to talk~ A"

"10 min.~ S"

What does Aja want? I thought she hated me. Was she falling for me?

When I arrived at her house, I went around the backyard to the back door.

"Why did you tell me to come here?" I said as I sat next to her on the couch.

"Listen, Sammy, I really don't want to be in a relationship right now. I hope you understand,"

I nodded

"But I want to get to know you better." She finished

"Okay. How about a date, this Friday. I can call Shawn, Cam, and Hayes to see if they want to come and bring Julia, Spencer, and Adyson, too."

"That'd be great."

"Here, follow me. I have an idea."

I followed Aja out to the barn, as she got two horses out of their stalls.

"What are we doing?" I asked

"You'll see. Take Sunny Days." She handed me the reigns to a horse.

"Do you like to race?" She asked me

"Hell yeah!" I yelled

"Good."

She showed me how to properly tack a horse, and control and all that.

Aja led us out to an open field.

"Ready. Set. Go!" Her horse, Milky Way, galloped forward. He was no match to Sunny Days.

Sunny Days suddenly got a burst of speed, leaving Milky Way and Aja in the dust.

"You only won because you have a thoroughbred and I have an Arabian."

"Save your excuses." I laughed

"Look. Me and Milky Way have been training for a show."

"Let me see some of your tricks."

_________
_________

Aja's POV

Milky Way and I trotted over to a course I set up earlier. We started at a slow canter/trot and cleared the first few rails. Milky Way hasn't cleared the water jump since we've been training. Now was his moment to shine.

I urged him to go faster, as we came closer to the water. The stallion curved his neck, locked his legs, and refused. My body slammed into the water, as I heard laughters coming from Sammy.

"Would you like it if you landed in freezing cold water in the middle of winter?!" I yelled at him as I managed to dry myself off.

"No, but your reaction is priceless!" He laughed some more.

"Let me try again."

I set up my phone to record and pressed the red button.

I leaned down and whispered in Milky Way's ear; "C'mon boy. I know you can do this."

I took a deep breath, and tapped the stallions side. We cleared all of the rails, only tapping it slightly, but not enough to knock it down. The water jump was next. I sat deep in the saddle, focusing straight ahead. Milky Way lifted off his feet and stretched his long, grey body over the water. We were air born.

The world seemed to pause for a split second as we were suspended in mid-air.

The rest of the jumps were easy, clearing all.

"Good job boy." I said as I patted his neck.

"Wow. I never knew you were that good!" Sammy said

"Eh. Nothing much. But thanks."

I think this was the start to an amazing friendship.
___________
___________
___________