Xiao x Female Archon! Reader Headcanons

Requested by Xx_Shinobu_Kocho_xX

My first request ever and I hope this is somehow what you wished for. No matter what, I did enjoy writing this one.

Additional TW: mentions of murder

Why do I always forget to put trigger warnings in front of every chapter?

This took way longer than it should have due to my inability to properly read. One day there will be a Xiao x Adepti reader oneshot.

○ You are the new Geo Archon after the former one passed away

○ Against your own expectation, you do your resposibilty rather well for someone without experience. This is partly thanks to the active help of the Adeptis.

○ At first, Xiao was mistrustfull towards you. Due to his sincere respect for Zhongli he didn't expect that another Archon could do that job as well as Zhongli did.

○ Another thing is that you irritated the Adepti with your friendly demanour. No matter how much he pushed you away, you still appoached him in an understanding way.

○ Among the people of Liyue you are  a worshipped goddess because of this kind nature.

○ After a diplomatic visit to Fontaine, you are greeted by a Xiao who is even more grumpy than you're used to.

○ Your temporary abcence made him realize that he grew to like your presence and affection.

○ He has no actual social interactions besides the ones with you and nobody else would show him the same affection you do, so he is affected in a negative way when you're away.

○ From this point on he comes to you on his own accord even when there is  no necessity for his visit. He still doesn't talk that that much but nevertheless you're happy that he accepted you as the Geo Archon.

○ In reality he is torn apart between seeing you in a professional sense and as something more.

○ Has he the right to desire something more when there is his past lingering in the shadows?

○ He tries to forget his inner turmoil and spends even more time at your side. Just imagine him as a surlily looking dog following its owner.

○ While he adores you he acts very defensive towards everybody else. More and more does he see the protection of you as another duty he has to take care of  even though you're capable of protecting yourself just fine.

○ No matter how many times you tell him not to work so much, he doesn't change anything about his behavior - he doesn't see it as work in the first place. It became more like common sense to him.

○ At some point you don't even hear about all the murders people planned for you. Each of them lays six feet under now without a trace for the reason of their deaths.

○ The close watch he has on you results in some sort of isolation. You do see the citizens of Liyue and other Adeptis but the presence of the Yaksha scares off the most of them. That is another reason for him to stay close to you as he believes that others want to exploit your kind nature.

○ His favorite times are when the two of you are alone and he sees you smile while you tell him a story with your lovely voice.

○ Somewhere inside him there is a desire to monopolize your care. Forgetting his agonizing pain in your arms is something he does want but would never ask for. No matter how much he likes you, that's not something that fits his character.

○ He is aware that his mindset is far from healthy and that the things he does are wrong, but he can't move himself to step down from his position as a possessive watchdog.

○ Sometimes he has phases when he distances himself from you but since they end up making him feel more miserable, he gave up on this tactic after a few tries.

○ Kidnapping would be something that will never happen. I mean, who tries to kidnap an Archon. Xiao's strength has its limits too.

○ If the day ever comes that all of the dark-haired male's wrongdoings get revealed to you, he will either move out of your sight and hope for you to somehow forgive him or he will try to justify his actions in an angry tone even though he is having a panic attack on the inside.

○ In the case that you don't forgive him, he would still watch you from afar and intervene if necessary.

○ He is a character that would be unlikely to mourn over your death, as the probability for him to die before you is way higher. Seeing the most important person in his life die is not on his watch.

'How about we go eat another bowl of almond tofu? You do look more relaxed when you're away from your duties. Besides, these twisted people are only
there to use and hurt you.'

Zhongli had to die for this one since I don't think Xiao could have enough contact to another Archon beside the Geo one

Zhongli had to die for this one since I don't think Xiao could have enough contact to another Archon beside the Geo one. The contract with Rex Lapis would minimize his room for visiting another region like Sumeru or Mondstadt.

And I appreciate when you people do requests as I am more motivated to write something <3

I hope you enjoyed reading and stay healthy!