Chapter 13

{ Sora's POV }

I woke up to yelling and I sat up and swiftly changed into a new change of clothes. Asra was already up. I threw my hair into a ponytail and ran out of the room. I found Asra among the crowd and took his hand. We ran down the halls together, my heart pounding. When we made it to the gates, there was more ruckus.

" DAMMIT let me see her! She's my dau- "

Nadia cut the man off. ' She doesn't want to see you. After all you've done. Now leave. '

My heart stopped and my body went ridged.

" ..No. "

I shoved through the crowd and saw my father. He smiled up at me, his face a mess.

" Hello, Sora. You're quie- "

" Get out of my sight! Go back to your shitty kingdom and burn in hell! " I yelled, stepping back, my wings opening to their full span.

" What? Sora, dear, I thought- "

" What you thought was wrong. You.. you killed mom! You fucking.. you cut her wings off! You did the unthinkable to me and threw me out! What makes you think I'd want to see you! "

Tears stung my eyes and I walked off, wiping my tears away quickly. I grabbed Asra's hand and we walked into the castle together. As soon as we walked into our room I took my cloak off.

" What the hell is wrong with him?! "

I started pacing, tears streaming down my face. Asra sat down on the bed and listened to me ramble about my father. When I stopped I turned to Asra, all my anger fading when I fell into his arms. I clutched onto him and sniffled. Asra held me close.

' We'll take care of this. I.. hope.. no. I know he'll pay. '

{ A Few Hours Later }
{ Asra's POV }

Sora has calmed down a great lot and the masquerade continued. Sora's father was in the library's dungeon. As I sat at one of the tables, adjusting my mask I gazed at the woman on the stage. Sora had a huge grin on her face as she sang. I gazed at her as she stood there, her gown fitting her body perfectly, the blue fabric suiting her white mask.

{ Song She's Singing: }