Part 3: Making an Entrance

Wow! I knew I shouldn’t stare, but Gabriel was just… wow. Dressed in a perfectly tailored black suit, he took my breath away. He smiled at me, reached out, and gently took my hand. He led me out of the bathroom, and to the top of the stairs. “Back up, guys. We’re coming down.”

He started down the stairs, leading me slowly. When we got halfway down the stairs, Gabe stopped, place my hand on the banister, and left me there. He walked the rest of the way down on his own. I watched his back until he reached the bottom, and then I looked up.

            Did I say “wow” about Gabriel? Then I had no words about the view in front of me. The boys… my boys… all nine of them, stood in a semi-circle around the bottom of the stairs, looking up at me. No one said a word. We all just looked at each other in wonder.

Each was dressed in a black suit tailored to their personal style, and I’ve never seen any of them more handsome than in that moment. I looked at each guy, holding their gaze for a moment. I finished my descent, standing on the bottom step.

“Well, Trouble, are you ready for this?” Gabe asked as he stood on the floor next to me.

“Ready for what?” I looked at him, confused by the question. How can I be ready when I don’t know what’s going on?

“For your surprise, of course. You’re going to like it. I promise.” He leaned over, kissed my cheek, and walked toward the door.

Dr. Green, at the left edge of the semi-circle, stepped forward. He took my hand, looked into my eyes with that teasing twinkle, and raised my hand to his lips. Kissing my knuckles, he said, “You are absolutely stunning.” He released my hand and walked toward Gabe.

Kota stepped forward, gently wrapping his arms around me. He pressed his lips to my ear, whispering, “Simply beautiful, Darling.” He leaned back just a bit, then rubbed his nose against mine. He stepped back, looked into my eyes, smiling. I couldn’t help but return that smile. He stepped towards the door.

Luke came forward next, a cute little smirk on his lips. Leaning toward me, he cupped my face, brushing a kiss on my cheek. “Sweetie… sweet enough to eat.” Kissing my cheek again, he backed away.

Looking up, I saw Silas walk to me. He held his arms wide, wrapping me in one of his hugs. I sank into him, taking a moment to relax into him. “Aggele Mou… my beautiful angel. You will love tonight. I promise.” He slowly backed away. This was almost too much. I bit my lip, my hand starting to rise to my mouth.

“Uh-uh, Peanut,” Nathan called out as he walked toward me. “None of that.” He grabbed my hand, placing my fingers into his mouth. He gently bit, then pulled them out of his mouth. His grin lit up his face. “Sang, you are a wonder.” He walked over to join the others at the door.

I looked back at what remained of the semi-circle. Victor smiled at me and came forward. He took my hand, kissed it, then pulled me into a hug. He pulled back just a bit, kissed the tip of my nose, then my cheek. “Oh, Princess, you take my breath away. I hope you love tonight as much as I think you will.” He stepped back and joined the crowd at the door.

North came forward then, looking almost uncomfortable, looking toward the floor. I must have frowned because, when he looked up, he frowned as well. “Sang Baby, what’s wrong?”

“What’s wrong? You look so unhappy about whatever this is.”

He pulled me to him, hugging me tightly. I could hear his heart pounding as I rested my head against his chest. “Oh, Baby, no. I’m not unhappy. I can’t be unhappy when I’m near you. It’s impossible. I… I… well, I hate wearing a suit. But for you, Baby… anything for you.” He pulled back and looked down at me. “We’re going to have a good time. Victor promised.” He grinned and stepped back.

I look over, and only Mr. Blackbourne remained. His eyes met mine, and that millimeter smile happened, for just a moment. There was something in his steel grey gaze, intense. He reached out his hand. I placed mine in his, and he guided me down the last step. “Miss Sorenson, you are quite the vision this evening. Would you do me... us… the honor of escorting you out on the town this evening?”

I looked up at him, placing my hand in the crook of his arm. “I would love that.” The corner of his lip raised, just a bit. He looked from me to the guys assembled at the door. “Gentlemen, we need to move out. We have reservations in 20 minutes.”