Glass Ceiling

It's the next morning after the incident and I'm lying fully awake in Dante's bed.

Turns out Ryder called Dr Marchesi to the house to properly treat Dante as he said and I quote

"That nutcase hates lying in hospital beds.The last time he got injured he almost strangled one of the nurses with the oxygen tube.Keyword almost."

Which is why they called the doctor home.He treated him fairly quickly and suggested he rest for a few weeks and not make any strenuous actions.So I decided to stay by him just incase he needed anything.i wanted to sleep on the couch in his room,but he said we won't fall asleep until i sleep in the bed,he kept his word.
I laid on the couch for an hour and a half and he still didn't fall asleep,he just laid in bed staring at the stars through the glass in ceiling.
Yes his room is in the highest floor,and yes he has a glass ceiling.

I gave in and agreed to sleep in his bed.

Which leads to me currently trying to break his iron man grip on my stomach but also being careful not to wake him.
I succeeded but then turned the opposite way to stare at him in his sleep.
Creepy right?
He looked so...peaceful.
It was rare.
He wasn't arching his eyebrows like usual or clenching his jaw.
He was relaxed,and I loved it.
He needed this,after all he does work in the mafia.Correction.He owns the mafia.He spends so much time busy at work and even when he's home,he's working continuously.He hardly even gets sleep.

Come to think of it, I slept so peacefully in his arms last night.This was the first night I ever slept in his room before.
Normally I would cry myself to sleep in my room,or have a panic attack and just mistakenly end up sleeping on the floor.But last night was different.We both were at peace.

"Take a picture,it'll last longer."he said with an incredibly incredibly husky,deep morning voice.
Holy hell.
Hey I remember Ryder saying that when I was admiring the jet,it seems like years ago.

"How did you know I was-

"Training love."he said with his eyes still closed.
He called me love.I'm sure my cheeks are crimson red now.

He then smirked when he saw me blushing.

"Has no one ever called you love before?"he said with a slight deep chuckle.
Morning voice...my god.

"No no no did I forget to mention no?"

"Good because I didn't want to have to murder any one today."he said pulling me to his chest as I laughed.

We stayed like that for a while as I drew figure 8's on his bare chest.Until i remembered something.

"Oh my god it's your birthday today!"he looked at me with a look of confusion.
"Kayn told me."he then relaxed his features but a look of sorrow shone through his eyes.

"What's wrong?"

He sighed then responded as he sat up on the bed then gesturing me to sit up,and I did.We leaned against the headboard staring at nothing in particular when he started.

"What exactly did Kayn tell you yesterday?"his face morphed into a serious look

I thought about it for a while then responded "well he started by asking if I was your girlfriend them said that you don't feel love for anyone.He also called you the lion and spoke about my ring.Uhh...oh then he said you wouldn't want me anymore because of that letter he wrote.And Alana-I feel so bad for Salvatore.That evil troll messed with him.Anyways Alana showed me the letter that was on my phone.Can i ask you a question?"I said and he listened attentively while staring at the bottom of the bed with his eyebrows slightly scrunched.

"Did i kill my brother?"how does he even know what I'm going to say.

"Uh yes that was my question,yet I didn't want it to come out that blunt."

He slightly smiled then said,

"Well make yourself comfortable,I'm about to tell you my whole life story."

**********************************************

10k?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?

Thank you so muchhh😧🥳🥳🥳

Anyways I want you guys to read these two amazing stories I highly recommend.

1-DALHIA-by AchillesOrchid    
It's amazing,and sort of an unusual story!!!If you only like mafia stories like me...this is your exception.A bloody good exception at that.Go check it out(the authors my best friend too🖤)

2-His Princess-by Charlotte325569
This is a mafia story guys!
The author is so sweet and she also said that I motivated her to write her story!!!!!!
This is also fantastic(Stephen James lovers....this is for you)

And guys if you have any questions for me...ask them.I definitely will reply🙃just comment on this chapter or go to conversations and ask it there.