Secret talent

"Okay so my turn again."I said as we continued to play the game.After that anxiety filled moment I needed something to change the topic.

"Umm,what's your hidden talent?"I said as I munched on a chocolate covered strawberry.It was pure bliss.

"Kill people."he said with a serious face as I immediately chocked on my strawberry and ended up spitting the thing in a tissue as he tossed me a bottle of water.

He's face was turning red and his nose was flaring.
He's holding in his laugh.

"Go on let it all out."and he began laughing and falling on his back while he clutched his stomach.I just stared at him while he let out that melodic sound that I've grown fond of hearing.He doesn't laugh often but I noticed he laughs more with me that he does with the guys.That makes me genuinely happy and I unintentionally smiled at him.

As he began to calm down he sat back up and pulled me back down with him as I lay in his arms gazing at the simple beauty of the stars.

He lay out a breathe to control his laughter before speaking"but on a serious note,I can do hair.Shocker huh?"
I immediately turned to face him.
"Seriously??"

"Yeah,I learned because of my mama.She never wanted chemo as she said these exact words, 'chemos not gonna help me,everything works with the mind.Your mind has got to be stronger that your feelings.If you say you're feeling pain,then the pain is going to intensify,if you tell your mind to control it then it will go away'and so she never got chemo and never lost her hair.When she was too sick to do anything for herself,I would do everything for her,and that's how I learned how to do hair.She taught me everything she knew.I didn't just learn how to tie a ponytail,I learned how to braid,set,curl anything you could think of."

"Your mom sounded like she was a very intellectual person.She seems amazing."

He smiled slightly while gazing into the skylight.

"She was,she always pushed me to do more that what I thought I was capable of.She never thought cooking or baking was for girls or fixing cars was for guys.No.She thought if you had the willpower to learn something,you should."

"Which is how you're so smart?"

His smile turned into a grin"am I smart?I guess we'll never know."

He had a smug look on my face and I nudged him slightly laughing"narcissistic.Can you do my hair?"I asked saying with a hopeful smile."

"You just called me a narcissist and you're telling me to do your hair?"

"Precisely."I said as I woke up and faced away from him so he could do my hair.I gave him a few moments to wake up but he never did so I turned around to find him gone.The panic set in.

"Dante?dante!"I screamed as I stood up eagerly and then I got caught from behind.

Someone put their hand on my mouth and started to pull me into the forest.

**************************************
Short filler chapter! I'm going to start updating more frequently from tomorrow.This book is not even halfway done yet so I'm gonna update faster and write longer chapters!

And thank you for 32k🙃