Chapter 8- Aribella (daliawritesbooks)

I  was so astonished, I wasn't exactly sure what to do. This had never happened to me before, mainly because i had no one to Skype with. So, when it happened, I was no where near ready for it. all I did was stare at the two black haired boys in the doorway, then the gears in my brain start turning again, and I take action. I stand up from where I lay on my bed, put the computer down, and go to my bookshelf. My eyes dart from shelf to shelf, and there it is, Greek Gods. I pull out the large book and turn to my brothers. They had been singing, "Bell's gotta boyfriend" when the elder sees the large book in my hands, he freezes in his tracks, while Josh continues to dance and sing. Lucas elbows him in the ribs and points his nimble finger at me, and a devilish grin grows on my face.

"OH HO! She's pissed! Aribella you must have mercy!" Jess says, I turn to him with an eyebrow raised, "Only hit them around fifty times," he grins. I turn to look at the doorway where my brothers once stood, now all I see is the hallway beyond my room. I shut the door, lock it, and return to the computer, "Sorry about that, I heard you talking to Megan after school, I already know,"

"Platypus!" he said.

"You mean 'preposterous'?" I ask and I could have sworn I had herd him say 'I should call you spell check"

"Yes Miss Grammar, that is exactly what I meant! What I told Megan was only have the truth, but um, just to say we are on the same page here, what did you hear," the red in his face had calmed down a bit, he must have warmed up.

"She asked if you liked me," I say bluntly then mumble, "which would never happen anyway,"

"PRECIOUS!" he says, thrusting his fist into the air and looking off into the distance.

"Precisely," I correct him.

"Shut up," he says in a really bad British accent, "Let me finish!" he looks off int the distance again and I have to stifle my laughter. He then returns his attention to the camera and says, "What I told Megan was have true, I genuinely do not care what gender I end up with, as long as I end up with someone who genuinely loves me and cares for me, so my dear Aribella, you're brothers may have been correct! There is a slight chance! They can PREDICT THE FUTURE!" Jess starts to make really irritating swish, swash, swoosh noises, I couldn't possibly contain my laughter.

"So Bells, what do you think about all this," he gestured to his face, nodding his head up and down with an idiotic look on his face.

"I think that all of this," I gesture to his screen face, "Is getting all to cocky and arrogant for their first day in a new place," he chuckles.

"Well my dear! People judge based on athletic abilities, and looks, although I have dashing features, they are not enough to make up for the gummy worms I call 'arms'" I laugh and nearly fall off the bed.

"So then, I assume its a good thing, because I can surely see that they would have benn scared for life to see this side of you,"

"Oh but Aribella, you must admit, that this side of me is quiet entertaining, you cannot deny my comedic powers, for your face looks like a blueberry!" I glare at him yet he continues laughing. Jess calms down and looks me straight in the eye, "I like your name," I cock my head to the side in confusion, "It's very unique, it fits you, it sounds so colourful and full of potential, it also sounds kind of...insecure, when you introduced yourself to me, you sounded timid, but your name shouted, 'I AM INTERESTING, I AM STRONG, I AM FUN AND INDEPENDENT, I AM INTELLIGENT, I AM ME' and so Aribella, I can hear it in your voice, there is something inside of you that wants to come out, and I'm gonna make that happen, have a good night," and with that he turned off his computer and I sit staring at a blank screen, quietly, as if he still might be able to hear me, I say, "Goodnight Jess, see you tomorrow," when I get up I hear Audry scream, "BELLS! DINNER!"

I run down the stairs  two at a time, the smell of Mac&Cheese filled the house. I entered the kitchen to see Audry pouring dinner for Lucas and Josh, they smile wickedly and look as if they are about to burst into song when Audry glares at them, they suddenly are very interested in their empty plates. My sister turns to me, a genuin smile on her face, "I'm glad you made a friend, use my computer whenever you like, don't loose this one, I feel a good friendship growing,"

I smile at her and sit down with my siblings and we talk about our day, I answered alot of questions from Audry. I slowly found myself wishing for tomorrow to come faster...