15 - The Date

It was the next day and my father still hadn't woken up. I didn't go to school and my family understood why, since I had to come clean last night.

I sat there in the kitchen, sipping on a glass of ice cold water. The house was empty and silent.

I was gonna lose the last member of my family. The doctors had called in the morning and they told me that he was gonna die sometime at the end of February.

I felt like screaming. Why was life so unfair? It wasn't anything I could control. I wiped my tear stained cheeks and walked into the living room.

I picked up one of the photo frames lying on the coffee table. I studied it. It was a photo of me and the twins from when we were kids. Their hair was still their natural color.

The smiles on our faces were brighter when we were younger. I can understand why though.

I gently set the photo frame back down on the ebony coffee table and made my way upstairs.

I sat down on Osamu's bed and pulled out my sketchbook. I tried drawing to get my mind off of all the loss and pain I was going to experience.

My gaze fell upon a page filled with sketches of plants and flowers. These all sparked a familiar memory.

It was a warm cool afternoon. We had been in the car all morning. Rin never told me where we were going, no matter how many times I asked.

I looked out the window to gain any hints as of to where we were going. Rin's hand was resting on my thigh as we drove out of the city and into the countryside.

Soon all of the buildings turned into trees and meadows. The sight was beautiful and a nice change of scenery from the city. Kita had told me about it, since he lived there for a while.

Kita was a nice boy. He helped me study a couple times. He taught me how to braid my hair. He knew how cause he had a sister and I wanted to do something different with my hair.

"We're here," Rin said. I got out of the car to see a beautiful flower meadow in front of us. My lips parted and my eyes widened in awe. It was beautiful.

"Come on!" Rin exclaimed, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the beautiful field of flower before me

We both sat underneath a tree in the middle of the field. Rin had taken off his backpack and pulled out an unreasonable amount of Chuupets.

"I brought snacks," Rin said, putting one of his earbuds in my ear.

And there we sat, listening to music and admiring the nature.

The doorbell interrupted my wonderful memory. I got up and looked through the peephole to see Rin standing there with a bouquet of roses. I opened the door and invited him inside.

"Hey," I muttered, shutting and locking the door behind him.

"Hey baby," he said, giving me a kiss on my forehead.

I guided him to the living room and we both sat down on the couch. Rin gave me a Chuupet from his backpack.

"I brought you a Chuupet!" Rin said, handing me the jelly fruit stick. I took a bite of the blueberry flavored treat as Rin turned to face me.

"Kita let me skip practice since he knew about what was gonna happen, by the way and I uh tried out for the school play," he said.

"What's the play?" I asked, taking another bit.

"Romeo and Juliet. I tried out for Romeo," he said, sorta embarrassed.

"Well, I hope you get the lead. I'll come and watch you," I said, trying to shove away all thoughts of loss.

We both sat there in the living room, eyes glued to the tv. Rin was lying down and I was lying on top of him with my head on his chest.

Rin was a great boyfriend. He always calls me in the morning before school and sends me goodnight texts.

He'll cook me food and take me out on cute dates and play with my hair and try his best to make me happy.

Though, this was a problem I knew he couldn't fix.

A/N: Sorry if this chapters a little lame! I haven't been feeling well and I'm going for a COVID testing tomorrow. Stay safe <3