57- Who's the Mommy

The next morning you came downstairs, all smiles while your brothers watch you look around, acting sketchy.

You: "Hey Mom, I can't find the- uh- potato peeler. Can you help?"

Mom: *getting up*
"Why on earth do you need a potato peeler at 9 am?"

As she passed into the kitchen you stood in the doorway, waving your arms behind you. Tayler and Josh turned on the couch to see Bryce sneaking down the stairs and couldn't help but start laughing.

Kelianne: *walking in the front door*
"Hey Br-"

Tayler jumped up, shushing her, and quickly interrupted:
"Good morning, Kel!!"

Kelianne finally caught on to what was going on as Bryce hurried out the door and laughed with the boys. She'd had to do the exact same thing, many times. 

Kelianne: "Hey, babe. Do you think maybe we can spend some time together... just the 2 of us?"

Mom: *coming back in the living room*
"Tayler. I almost forgot to tell you. You got a letter from the university this morning."

Your dad appeared at the top of the stairs and you really hoped that he hadn't seen Bryce sneaking out:
"You didn't fail any classes did you?"

Tayler: *reading letter*
"Actually, they are offering me a chance to study in Paris this fall!"

Everyone jumped up in excitement as Kelianne watched, looking surprisingly sad. As Tayler and your parents headed into your dad's office to go over details and all the things he would need to get done soon to travel, you moved to sit next to Kelianne, hoping to offer some comfort.

You: "Kel, I'm sure he would be totally down with you visiting. I mean- he'd probably take you with him the whole semester if you decided to delay enrolling yourself."

Kelianne: "I just- I can't believe he didn't even talk to me about it before just deciding to go.'

You: "He's young and he knows you guys have all the time in the-"

Kelianne: "I'm pregnant."

You flashed back to Bryce telling you about the test and everything makes sense:
"Have you told him? You need to tell him."

Kelianne: 'I can't be the reason he misses out on something he is obviously wanting to do."

You: "Do you want me to talk to him?"

Kelianne: "No, no. I'll figure it out. So things with Bryce seem to be going well."

You: "We are actually going through something similar. No, I'm not pregnant- just- I thought we were going to college together and everything would stay the same. Then last night he hit me with the news that he's decided not to enroll and rented an apartment."

Kelianne: "You're still going, right? You can't just drop college-"

You: "No, no. For sure I'm still enrolling, he just wants me to move in with him instead of getting a dorm."

Kelianne: "You have to do what's best for you, girl."

You: "What if he is what's best for me."

Kelianne: "No one saw you two coming, but you are oddly perfect for each other. Even if no one knows how that even happened."

You moved closer and started to tell her the story that no one had ever heard before.

*FLASHBACK*

It was halfway thru the summer before your Junior year and you were sulking in your room after a big fight with Tayler. Bryce wandered by your room and noticed your mood so he came to try to cheer you up. You ignored him and rolled over, pouting.