Chapter Eight

***
Third POV
***

It was lunch time for J High freshmen, and Daichi, Daniel, Jay and Jiho were collecting their food when they spotted Vin Jin kicking another student.

"That's Duke, I used to be just like him before I started eating with you guys", Jiho said to Daichi.

"Oh? Danny, Jay, I'm going to ask him over ok?"

The two agreed and within a minute Duke was sat at the transfer students' table, looking a little uncomfortable with all the attention.

Various groups of people stared at them, confused.

"What are those two doing? Do they collect outcasts or something? Still, I guess it's nice of them to look after the weak like that!"

Vin Jin, however, did not look happy.

Tossing his cup onto their table, he ordered Duke to go and get him some water but before the boy could get up, Daichi laid a hand on his shoulder.

"Get it yourself Vin Jin", challenged Daichi as Jay and Daniel also glared at the bully from across the table.

"What, is your hand broken or something?" that was Zack, chipping in and scowling menacingly at Vin Jin.

"Wow, Zack's a different person these days! He's not bullying anyone!"

Zack and Vin Jin prepared to fight eachother, with the boxer muttering something about people who stole honey butter chips.

Then Vasco turned around, finally returned from his 'rest', and told Jin to pick his cup up off the floor.

By this point Vin Jin was seething, challenging anyone to a fight and telling them to come at him.

"Take off your glasses!" Daichi cut in, causing one of Jin's goons to start extreme fangirling over him.

"AGH FUCK THIS" Vin Jin finally yelled and stomped off after Mary Kim's retreating form.

"YOU NO CLASS ASSHOLES, GANGING UP ON SOMEONE!"

~~~

Daichi laughed, then turned to where Zack had slumped down beside him.

"Hey, thanks for the assist back there" he smiled and Zack shrugged, "whatever, we're friends aren't we?"

"Oh, yes! Though I must say that might back at the restaurant it looked like you wanted a bit more~"

Zack flushed bright red and stomped off, away to Mira, to the sound of his goons snickers.

"Welp, that was fun, how're you feeling Duke? I noticed you had a cut on your hands..."

"Ah it's no big deal, thank you though!" said Duke, wary of these new people but a little more relaxed because Jiho was there.

"Oh you've got a cut?" questioned Daniel, looking up from his one-sided looking conversation with Jay. "Hang on, I know I have plasters somewhere... here!"

Duke took it, bemused, but decided to take this chance at some new friends.

~~~

Soon the topic of the festival came up all over school, especially the slave auction where girls could buy guys as a date for the day, with all proceeds going to charity.

(the author thinks this is homophobic, sexist and stupid but is letting it go this time because,, plot reasons.)

Each class had to pick a guy to participate in it, and not surprising no one wanted to.