Chapter 1: reuniting

The sun rose up over the the remains of the destroyed New York City which was now covered in vines and vegetation, This place had been abandoned for five years after the dinosaurs reclaimed the earth. Ninety five percent of the human population was turned into dinosaurs and prehistoric Proto mammals or even prehistoric reptiles, three percent died off from the heat while the other two percent are now surviving in a world were dinosaurs are the dominant life forms. Governments fell apart, families were destroyed, but the strangest thing was that the earth was repairing itself. Nuclear reactors just stopped and the nuclear waste disappeared, icecaps were smaller but still there, forests sprung up like crazy, endangered species bloomed in larger populations, and now the earth is almost like it was before the humans evolved. All humans had abandoned the large cities that were now full of dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures, however some like Darius hid in the dark and stayed far from the dinosaurs. Darius himself survived but he lost Brooklynn, Kenji, and Sammy in the event. "Another day of struggling to survive." Darius huffed as he got up from his makeshift bed and he stood up and looked out the window of the apartment to see a small herd of ten Triceratops walking down the once road while a small flock of 3 pteranodon flew over head. Darius then got up and grabbed his trusty desert eagle from the bedside table and he grabbed the Swiss Army knife as well for close combat. Darius then walked down the stairs with caution as it wasn't common for him to stumble across a sleeping dinosaur, normally it's either a full grown nine foot tall Dilophosaurus or a full grown six foot tall Velociraptor. However what he wasn't expecting was a full grown Ceratosaurus sitting at the bottom of the stairs, the two locked eyes and Darius noticed that the eyes weren't like the ones on normal dinosaurs. The pupil was like that of his and they looked strangely human, the animal itself was mainly blue with white stripes like that of a tiger that ran from the back of the neck down to the tip of the tail, the underbelly was a light shade of brown and the animal had a T shaped marking on the top of its head the reach the horn on its nose and the horns above it's eyes. Darius took a step back as the animal stood up and he pulled out his Swiss Army knife and the dinosaurs eyes landed on the weapon and it snarled and motioned with its head for Darius to throw it.

Darius gave the animal a confused look on why and it huffed in annoyance and then decided to do some he wouldn't expect it to do, the dinosaur smacked him with it's tail and he slammed into the wall. Darius then watched as the dinosaur clamped onto the back of his shirt and walked off with him. "Great. Kidnapped by a dinosaur." Darius muttered to himself while hanging from the Dinosaurs jaws. When the Ceratosaurus finally dropped him they were on the beach, Darius then said to the dinosaur raising his voice "Why in all the world would you bring me here?!" The dinosaur then sighed and grabbed a washed up stick and drew in the sand a word 'Kenji' Darius was confused on how it could write and how it knew Kenji's name. "Kenji? What do you know about him?" The Ceratosaurus then continued to write in the dirt and then added on and the sentence said "Darius, I am Kenji.' Darius then looked at the Ceratosaurus in shock and then ran forward and hugged him "Kenji. Your alive." Darius said to his old friend and the Ceratosaurus then rested his head on Darius' back gently. "I wish I could understand you." Darius said after the Ceratosaurus made an assortment of growls 'Well you can.' Kenji said to him telepathically and Darius took a step back 'Surprised? Yeah I was when I found out I could do that as well.' "If you survived that means Sammy and Brooklynn did as well." Darius said and Kenji gave a saddened look 'I don't know if they survived or not, we were separate from each other.' The two then sat side by side looking out at the water "Also my head and back hurts from you smashing me into that wall." Darius said to Kenji and Kenji gives him a Sorry look.