Chapter 3: family

When Kenji woke up he was on a bed of hay and he looked around to see he was in a building of some sort and he stood up shakily, that's when the memories came flooding back to him. Kenji then took short strides just to make sure he wasn't badly enough hurt to walk, however he somehow managed to trip a rope trip wire and he managed to avoid a net that was launched at him and he looked at the door as it burst open and Ben, Darius, and Yasmina burst in and looked at Kenji and he bared his teeth at Yaz but he quickly shook his head, the only thing that kept him from being like the other people turned into dinosaurs was his memories that were leaving him, he was becoming more beast then man then he already was. "Kenji relax." Darius said slowly approaching Kenji and Kenji kept his eyes traced on Darius 'It's hard Darius. It's getting harder and harder to remember my past.' Kenji said to Darius in sadness "Maybe not, but still your still the same Kenji we know you as." Darius replied back trying to lift Kenji's mood which worked a bit. Kenji then looked at Yasmina and then at the same cattle prod she threw at him and he snarled but he then motioned for her to drop it and after she did so motioned against for her to throw it away. Almost immediately after she threw it away Kenji relaxed and he walked up to his old friends and sniffed them and then "Have you guys encounter either Brooklynn or Sammy yet?" Darius finally asked them and Ben shook his head in sadness and Kenji glanced down as well showing a since of mourning. "Well um... do you have anything to eat?" Darius asked the two and Yasmina motioned for him and Kenji to follow her and Kenji as he was walking bonked his head on the door frame and he took a step backwards and then went through it by crouching.

Kenji passed by Bumpy who was feeding on some creeping vines from Triassic time period and Ben went over to the Ankylosaurus and gently patted her on the head. "How did you guys survive the event?" Darius asked Yasmina and she replied with "Even though the stuff was everywhere me and Ben were sent flying backwards by the shockwave and were buried in rubble. When Bumpy found us our families were gone and you, Kenji, Sammy, and Brooklynn were nowhere to be seen." Darius then said "I was pushed backwards and off the sidewalk and into the water by Brooklynn as the stuff pelted the earth, when I awoke I was on the beach." Kenji then was about to open his mouth to speak but then remembered that he couldn't. "My guess is Kenji came into contact with the stuff, same with Sammy and Brooklynn." Darius said looking at Kenji and he nodded and the two then looked at the group of crates in the middle of the room. "So.... You've been stockpiling." Darius said to Yasmina and she just nodded while Kenji then started to sniff the food and he reared his head back in disgust. 'it's rotten, I think?' Kenji said to Darius and Darius looked at the Ceratosaurus confused "It's canned food. How can it go rotten?" Darius asked him and Kenji just did a Ceratosaurus version of a shrug and Darius sighed "Same old Kenji. Let's just check the crates." Darius then grabbed a crowbar and pried the crate open and he jumped back at the sight he saw "I think I'm going to throw up." Ben said looking at the thing inside the crate, inside the crate was a rotting human body and Kenji took a few steps backwards. "I don't know how that got there." Yasmina said looking at the corpse "He was ripped apart by compies." Darius said looking at the multiple bite marks covering the man. The four then heard the sound of wings flapping "Shit. Pteranodon." Ben said however a large pterosaur burst through the glass talons ready to grasp someone and it clamped its claws into Ben's shoulders and flew off with him. Kenji's eyes went wide in shock for a moment but he then charged at the pteranodon and smashed it out of the air with his head and it collapsed to the ground and slid across the floor releasing Ben from its grasp. Kenji roared at the pteranodon in rage and anger, however more started to fly in "We have to go!" Darius shouted and ran out the door followed by Ben and Yasmina. Kenji broke through the doorframe knocking the door and the frame off the wall along with some stone, Ben jumped onto Bumpy's back while Yasmina aimed her cattle prod at the tanks of gasoline and she threw it at the tanks blowing up the food and some Pteranodons. Kenji then picked up Yasmina in his jaws and placed her on his neck as he ran outside and the four skid to a halt in front of a Yutyrannus which turned to face them and it roared at them. Yasmina then realized something, this animal was from Nublar. However as the Yutyrannus charged at them she was slammed aside by Terry and he roared at her and the animal then roared back in reply but then fled and Terry followed her clearly hungry "Let's move." Darius said and they ran into the deep jungle.