Chapter 2: dinosaur duel

Kenji and Darius snuck around what used to be Manhattan but was now almost impossible to identify, however the two had difficulty hiding especially from the Tyrannosaurus Rex who was hunting them. How it didn't find them yet they didn't know, Kenji did his best to hide but being half the length of a Tyrannosaurus and half the height of one has it's difficulty's of its own. However the two were stopped in their tracks by a Sinoceratops, not two, not a herd, but one which was clearly pissed off. The ceratopsian charged at Kenji who reacted by dodging it and then clamping his jaws on the side of its frill, however the Sinoceratops had other ideas and it smacked Kenji repeatedly with its tail but it did little to nothing until it hit him on the eye. Kenji released his grip on the dinosaurs frill, Kenji then grunted in pain as the Sinoceratops rammed into him but thankfully only managed to skim his scaly skin with its horn and it started to push him backwards until Kenji was pinned to a wall of a building. Kenji groaned in pain as the Sinoceratops backed up and he fell to the ground and the ceratopsian then snorted and turned to face Darius and it charged at him, only to be hit aside by a familiar looking Ankylosaurus "Bumpy!" Darius said to the now fully grown Ankylosaurus as she bellowed at the Sinoceratops and it bellowed back. "Stay down!" Yasmina called out jumping over Bumpy's back, she was holding a shock prod in her hands and she shoved it at the ceratopsians face and it bellowed and ran off. "I don't believe it." Ben said looking the same as always but with some facial hair and a shoulder pad made of what seemed to be bone, Kenji stood up groaning and he looked up at his friends and started to take slow steps towards them just to make sure he didn't break something. However they didn't see him as non threatening, well all except for Darius. Yasmina held her cattle prod in a attack like position same with Ben but with his spear. Kenji stopped dead in his tracks and he glared at the three new arrivals, the tip of his tail swished from side to side gently and his eyes were watching Ben, Yasmina, and Bumpy waiting for who would attack first. Ben chucked his spear at Kenji but he ducked his head down and it whizzed overhead and it landed implanted in a car door, Kenji then roared in anger and charged at them kicking up dust as he ran down the street towards them. Bumpy bellowed at Kenji and got between him and the campers, Kenji roared at the fully grown Ankylosaurus and she bellowed back neither of them backing down. Kenji snapped his jaws at the Ankylosaurus and Bumpy reared her head back dodging, Yaz took this as an opportunity to throw her cattle prod at Kenji and it hit him while it was still on and Kenji roared in agony as the electricity went through his system.

Kenji collapsed to the ground and his head slumped to the side and he closed his eyes and he felt himself going unconscious, "We need to leave before Terry.."before Ben could finish his sentence a roar echoed through the streets and their attention was brought to a full grown Tyrannosaurus, it looked almost like Rexy but with a different colour scheme and facial structure. "That's the same Tyrannosaurus we fled from." Darius stated instantly recognizing the large bite mark scar from an Indominus Rex on the Tyrannosaurus' upper jaw "Who's we?" Yasmina asked and Darius gestured to the unconscious Ceratosaurus "Yeah you just threw a cattle prod at Kenji." Darius said and Yasmina gave Kenji's body a "I'm sorry" look. However another roar echoed through the area as a large Giganotosaurus rounded the corner "Genesis." Ben sneered in anger looking at the titanic therapod. The two apex predators eyes locked and they roared at each other and then charged at each other, Genesis clamped his jaws on Terry's leg while Terry clamped his jaws on Genesis' neck making the Giganotosaurus release his hold on the Tyrannosaurus' leg. Terry then roared in pain as the Giganotosaurus clawed him repeatedly on the face and pushed his face downwards. Genesis then clamped his jaws on Terry's face and threw him into the wall of a coffee shop shattering whatever glass was left, Terry then smashed his tail into Genesis' face stunning the Giganotosaurus. When the Giganotosaurus recovered it smashed its tail into Terry's face and the two carnivores roared at each other but backed off and went their separate ways. With Terry going one way and Genesis the other way.

Author note:
Genesis and Terry are owned by Evastarunit73 I got permission from him to use his characters.